The one game that never gets old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one game that never gets old?

What would pick as something you can just pick up and play again and again that never loses its charm or sheer joy even though you've caned it more than a BDSM coke head?

My choice is obvious.

For me, it's the major Street Fighter titles. Also Capcom vs SNK2. No matter how many times I play them, I always come back some time later, and I find new things in them every time. Each time in my life I've come back to SFII, surrounded by different players, it's almost like it's a completely new game. I doubt I will ever tire of it.

Comment

Yep the street fighter series is a good shout. Could happily play that endlessly.
      I resently played Super Mario World and it was every bit as fun.
      Also, espgaluda and various other shmups.

Comment

Super Castlevania IV.

Comment

Powerstone 1

Comment

Probably Street Fighter for me too. I can go back to those again and again. Especially Alpha 2 but, honestly, most of them. And Pocket Fighter. Actually now that I think about it, many of those 2D fighters are as enjoyable as they ever were.

Comment

Souky

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Souky

Comment

Street Fighter is a great call, truly the gift that keeps on giving although I recently tried the HD Remix on PS3 and found that it felt off in so many ways compared to the original.

Comment

1080 Snowboarding (N64). I can play that for a few hours whenever. Or Excitebike64 or Waverace64. But I'm going 1080 overall.

Comment

Tetris. Shame on all of you for not mentioning it yet.

Comment

Galaxian.

Comment

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I love everything about that game. It's kind of my safe place

Comment

Would probably have to be Metal Slug for me, in my opinion one of the most beautiful 2D games ever made, the pixel art is stunning. I don't think there's a better game of its type, there's never a huge amount of time between my full play throughs.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Would probably have to be Metal Slug for me, in my opinion one of the most beautiful 2D games ever made, the pixel art is stunning. I don't think there's a better game of its type, there's never a huge amount of time between my full play throughs.
                              Great choice! And still the best Slug game. I can blitz through the first 5 stages without dying, but that final mission....I'll get the 1cc one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X