Shudder - My new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shudder - My new game

Here's the link to the Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/910660/Shudder/

So, here's the initial trailer for my new game, Shudder. A twin stick shooter with only one stick and no shooting. Think snake, Pac-Man, Geometry Wars and probably something else. Anyway, hope you like the look of it. Aiming for summer this year on Steam. I've been working on it for about a year now with one of my ex students who has done all the visual stylings. The game is essentially a high score attack, but is all based around colour. As you collect more energy, you power up your Shudder Bar, which is colour coded. When you trigger this, any bugs of that colour or below can then be consumed for points. Gain enough points to generate Vortex Cubes, Get the bugs to run into these to fill them with currency. Again, burst them with the right colour Shudder and they disgorge currency which you can collect and thus buy better ships to enable higher scores. It may sound complicated (It's not), but after a couple of plays, it drops into place. Edge Magazine had it in their hype section this month and said it was, "Simple, thrilling and immediately compulsive..."
    Last edited by Squirtle; 02-09-2018, 09:56.

Looks great dude

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Hello all. This is out on August 31st on Steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/910660/Shudder/ £5.79 but 15% off for the first week.

Landing page is here:

Shudder - New on Steam 31st August 2018 - Classic retro modern arcade action! New Video Game | ShudderGame

We were in this month's Edge magazine in the Hype section as well, where they said: "Simple, thrilling and immediately compulsive..."
        Last edited by Squirtle; 02-09-2018, 09:56.

Comment

£5.79?! (shudder)

Only kidding, looks good! Will give it a shot to support a talented forum member. I hope you spend it on blue subscription here though

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            £5.79?! (shudder)

Only kidding, looks good! Will give it a shot to support a talented forum member. I hope you spend it on blue subscription here though
            Thanks. Of course I will. I rarely post here these days (or any forum as much as I used to). If there's a subscription I can throw some money at to keep the place going, point me in the direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirtle View Post
              Thanks. Of course I will. I rarely post here these days (or any forum as much as I used to). If there's a subscription I can throw some money at to keep the place going, point me in the direction.
              I was only teasing mate but if you want to become a "blue" member with access to competitions, hidden threads and a chance to help our esteemed leader [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] keep this wonderful place running, then click on: Settings -> then Paid Subscriptions (on the left hand side of this sub page).

P.S. I went to purchase Shudder, but it says I have to wait until 31st August? That's ideal actually! I can give it the time it deserves with all the boiler/gas work in our house at the moment

Comment

Yeah, it's not out until then and as it's our first game on Steam we had to wait 30 days, so we can't do anything until the 22nd. Cool that you're going to buy it, though!

I also got interviewed. Check it out here:

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                  I was only teasing mate but if you want to become a "blue" member with access to competitions, hidden threads and a chance to help our esteemed leader [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] keep this wonderful place running, then click on: Settings -> then Paid Subscriptions (on the left hand side of this sub page).

P.S. I went to purchase Shudder, but it says I have to wait until 31st August? That's ideal actually! I can give it the time it deserves with all the boiler/gas work in our house at the moment
                  So what's the difference between 1year and 1 year*? Is there one?

Comment

The asterisk one is recurring
                    So what's the difference between 1year and 1 year*? Is there one?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      The asterisk one is recurring
                      Awesome! Paid for the recurring one. Anything to help keep the lights on.

Comment

I believe 1 year is just a year. 1 year* is a recurring subscription (auto-renewed with paypal).

Edit: beaten by charlesr

Really enjoyed that interview! I'm pumped! Anyone else ready to Shudder?! C'mon BD crew!
                        Last edited by Zaki; 20-08-2018, 14:53.

Comment

Thanks dude!
                          Awesome! Paid for the recurring one. Anything to help keep the lights on.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ShudderGame/stat...475303424?s=19 5 days!

Comment

Is there anything we can do to help promote this?

Comment

Working...
                              X