No announcement yet.

Best 4k monitor for ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember bezels have gotten a lot thinner too [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], which means sets do look smaller than they used to.

I sit 5 feet away from my TV. According to that website I should be 7 feet away ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Remember bezels have gotten a lot thinner too [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], which means sets do look smaller than they used to.

I sit 5 feet away from my TV. According to that website I should be 7 feet away ah well.
      Yeah, I would just sit away whatever distance is comfortable. Although gaming on monitors for the last 3 years, I don’t know if I could go back to a tv. Tried Titanfall 2 a few months ago on the plasma and you could really feel the lag.

Comment

I like to err on the side of it being almost too big, which is also what she said.

You mentioned about that before. My UT50, the most ghetto of all Panny sets, had a lag of 16ms which I don't notice. I think ignorance might be bliss, as I wouldn't want to game on a monitor size screen if I'm honest.

Comment

I sit about 2.5metres away from a 49 inch screen which is slightly smaller than that website recommends, I can see the difference a 4K game makes.
          Even if you forget about the resolution, you can still go for HDR and at that size you'll be able to get some really high peak brightness sets.

The 49inch took the place of a 42inch screen and is almost the identical external size.

Comment

Turned upstairs spare room into my game room by adding a cheap 40" 4K Panasonic TV. It's 8 bit colour, so not really HDR despite the claims, but it does have a lovely picture compared to my plasma downstairs and the monitor I was using upstairs. Will post pics once it's a bit tidier.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I like to err on the side of it being almost too big, which is also what she said.

You mentioned about that before. My UT50, the most ghetto of all Panny sets, had a lag of 16ms which I don't notice. I think ignorance might be bliss, as I wouldn't want to game on a monitor size screen if I'm honest.
              16ms/1frame is grand. Unless you're making at least four grand a month playing games you should be happy with that. Up until late they were playing with one frame of latency on the mainstage at Evo.

Comment

I’m using an LG27UD69 and it’s a fantastic IPS 4k monitor. Feed it anything from 1440p and it’s hammertime.

Comment

Working...
                X