Gameseek goes into administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameseek goes into administration

Gameseek is the latest videogame store casualty. Offering occasional crazy deals, this is a shame. Feel sorry for anyone who has preordered anything with them.
    Cheshire-based online video game shop Gameseek has gone into liquidation - leaving angry customers out of pocket.Gamese…

Still amazes me GAME manages to avoid this

Comment

It hasn't; GAME went into administration in 2012 and many jobs were lost, but it was bought out of administration by OpCapita.

Comment

But how has it avoided going back under, it's just awful, that's the real mystery

Comment

It's a money laundering operation, using digital codes and stuff. Very lucrative

Comment

Balls I have an outstanding paid for pre order with them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              It's a money laundering operation, using digital codes and stuff. Very lucrative
              Say whaaaat?

Comment

Fair play to them in honouring those low Switch prices.

It really is just going to end up with about three megacorporations selling everything.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Fair play to them in honouring those low Switch prices.

It really is just going to end up with about three megacorporations selling everything.
                  Three?! You mean one, surely.

In the future, if you don't have a Prime subscription:

- you'll have to wait for every third bus instead of getting on the first one that turns up.

- you'll have to select your fruit and veg from a grubby box underneath the main selection, which is filled with the weird, already-brown stuff no one wants

- you won't be able to vote

This is the world we're living in friends.

Honestly, I agree QC, and I kinda hate Amazon and Prime. I won't get it myself. For videogames it's cheaper to buy elsewhere anyway, I get better prices and better service from The Game Collection and Shopto.

Comment

I didn't want to say the name in case Alexa was listening.

It feels like Highlander. There can be only one.
                    Each time a retailer is beheaded, Amazon becomes a little bit stronger until we have The Quickening.

I fell into Prime. I was a Love Film subscriber, then Amazon Video and then when I realised I got everything on Video with Prime for 67p more a year, I switched.

I think the service is great. Loads of films and shows, lots of music, every CD I buy in digital format too for free and the next day free delivery has been really useful with Christmas panics and obtaining hard-to-find baby stuff like specific milk bottle teat sizes.

However, it doesn't mean I feel a little dirty inside and part of my annual fee includes a chunk of my soul.

Comment

Don't forget free PC games via Twitch Prime (and a Twitch Prime subscription to a streamer of choice), access to Prime Music (and discount to Music Unlimited), unlimited photo backup on Amazon Cloud and access to Prime Reading, earlier access to the sales.

I like Amazon and Amazon Prime.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 11-05-2018, 13:00.

Comment

Working...
                      X