The first time you played Super Mario World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Super Mario World was the first ever Mario game I had played. I did own it and did complete it but it was never something that amazed me.
    It also didn't amaze me at the time, but once I got it home... I was totally gripped and it ended up being one of my favourite games.

ActRaiser was the SNES game that amazed me.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Wasn’t a fan then and still am not

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        It also didn't amaze me at the time, but once I got it home... I was totally gripped and it ended up being one of my favourite games.

ActRaiser was the SNES game that amazed me.
        Its insane this game has never been remade or rebooted because the blending of 2 genres so seamlessly in one title was amazing plus its got its own cult following. Nuts how the sequel actually used the whole "100% pure action and excitement" thing to showcase how they'd got rid of the most fun part. Thanks dumb Americans!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          lol - I thought that was a scene from bloodborne!

in all seriousness i was always a megadrive man; loved contra, axelay and rtype III for the SFC though

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Its insane this game has never been remade or rebooted because the blending of 2 genres so seamlessly in one title was amazing plus its got its own cult following. Nuts how the sequel actually used the whole "100% pure action and excitement" thing to showcase how they'd got rid of the most fun part. Thanks dumb Americans!
            I was really gutted when I played ActRaiser 2 at a friend's house and realised it was nothing like the original. No overworld god sections, tiny sprites, and sluggish gameplay that wasn't very enjoyable. It all felt so dull and lacking compared to the epicness of the original.

I either wanted more of the same mix of god-sim and impressive arcade action, or just the arcade action but even more impressive than the original. I'm sure the artists could have improved the animation and detail levels but retained the big sprites and colourful look. Basically I wanted a bigger and better ActRaiser on a 16MB cart.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            loved axelay for the SFC though

Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-05-2018, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              SMW as a straight forward game is pretty straight forward, mostly a continuation of SMB3. I think my respect for it mostly kicked in when going for all 96 levels.

Demolishes any Sonic game though, the Hedgehog has never hit Mario's heights.
              I would've become the Super Famicom/Super NES fan that I still am on the strength of Super Mario World versus the MD Sonic the Hedgehog, let alone all the other aspects.

(Disclaimer, I like the Mega Drive and have one plugged into my television, I just prefer the Super Famicom! I learnt to love the MD when I started seeing is as "the console with loads of great Japanese action and arcade games", rather than "the console with Sonic and American sports games".)

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                SMW as a straight forward game is pretty straight forward, mostly a continuation of SMB3. I think my respect for it mostly kicked in when going for all 96 levels.
                63 levels. I actually make that point in my piece as well heh, that it isn't 96 levels, it's 96 exits. But so many people get it wrong...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That's right, man, that's a weird fake-fact to get hardwired in the brain

Comment

Sorry - posted in wrong thread. Please delete post.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-05-2018, 12:53. Reason: Sorry - posted in wrong thread. Please delete post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Sorry - posted in wrong thread. Please delete post.

Comment

I didn't even need to click it

Comment

Working...
                        X