Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you keep it real or are you a self censoring little bitch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you keep it real or are you a self censoring little bitch?

Loaded title, sure, but the point stands.

I generally offend a lot of people by speaking my mind at all times and calling spades spades. Some people may call me insensitive or a throw back to a long gone era but a lot tend to agree with what I say as someone pointed out the other day when they said “why do you always speak so much sense?” after overhearing one of my conversions.

Now from my perspective it works like this:

Me speaking freely without self censoring keeps me attuned to my truth unlike everyone else whom I see attempt to be pretendy mind readers who can somehow miraculously guess what others are thinking and how they’d respond if they were to say A so instead they keep that inside and say B instead and to me that is the epitome of a slow death as each lie drains your life force via the denial of your initial impulse.

Think back to your childhood before life beat you to your knees and made you comply to its expectations and you’ll remember a time, however slight, where you were blunt as a spoon before you donned the false persona of social acceptability and thus began your downfall which led you to where you are now.

What is so sad about all of this is that people don’t see how corrosive this culture of little white lies and concealed truths is when it comes down to the most important relationship - you with yourself because external deception sets the groundwork for internal deception and thus we end go with a world like this where people manufacture proof as they lie to themselves and anyone who stands up and dares to keep it a 100 is looked at like they are from another solar system.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a society that is profoundly sick and ultimately it comes down to who you are and how you define your self:

Via the reflection and reaction of others? In which case lies are the order of the day as the false image needs to be fine tuned to another expectations at each moment or via self acceptance and honesty on all levels in which case it’s called as it’s seen and the consequences are dealt with appropriately.

One is a path of power, the other is the cul de sac of the culled. Where are your steps taking you and have you ever stopped to check exactly how you ended up on that way and where it leads to?

I find this entire post offensive. Please give me version B.

Comment

Do you keep it real or do you prefer to defer honesty and reality behind the guise of social acceptability because if so that’s cool and actually makes you a special little snowflake and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

Not a special little snowflake, just playing my part in trying to run a website and forum that's a pleasant place for all to visit. You post a lot of really interesting stuff, including some thought provoking topics that often invite some great discussion. Your wording is quite often a bit near the mark, usually not quite crossing the line. Your thread I trashed earlier crossed that line though so it got trashed.

So, now you know where that line is and can hopefully keep the right side of it.

Comment

Brad is keepin' it real.

Comment

I don’t know what this means without context. What was this deleted topic about?

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] But that is exactly my point. Sure I know my words can be a bit “sharp” to the safe space crowd but if they weren’t then I’d be a self censoring little bitch and that, for reasons outlined above, is something I can’t abide.

I do enjoy posting here because there is an intelligent crowd of people who have gaming in common but there is a tendency to echo chamber and that is what I like to break up by asking the “wtf?” inducing questions like I did in the thread you supressed because it’s at those moments that people actually have the potential to think instead of just autopiloting through life.

Sometimes you’ve got to lose your mind to come to your senses.

Think about it 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                Brad is keepin' it real.
                Tru dat. Represent!!

Comment

I work in the VG industry. If I spoke my mind I would get fired instantly.

I am very blunt outside work though, just not online.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                    That's pretty much any job though. It took me 8 years to speak my mind at work.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                      [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] But that is exactly my point. Sure I know my words can be a bit “sharp” to the safe space crowd but if they weren’t then I’d be a self censoring little bitch and that, for reasons outlined above, is something I can’t abide.

I do enjoy posting here because there is an intelligent crowd of people who have gaming in common but there is a tendency to echo chamber and that is what I like to break up by asking the “wtf?” inducing questions like I did in the thread you supressed because it’s at those moments that people actually have the potential to think instead of just autopiloting through life.

Sometimes you’ve got to lose your mind to come to your senses.

Think about it 🤔
                      I don't need to come to my senses mate. We have a group of mods here and if one of us is concerned about a thread, post or member then we have a chat and decide what to do, then we do it.

You like posting here, we like you posting here. Let's keep it up. Avoid telling me to come to my senses, calling me a.little bitch or a snowflake and we'll be fine.

Comment

I'm oot!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          I don’t know what this means without context. What was this deleted topic about?
                          Brad will reiterate if you ask him nicely.

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post

I am very blunt outside work though, just not online.
                          Why do you feel that you'd get fired? See how well the refers to the "pretendy mind readers" point I made in the opening post? I think of it a bit like this scene in Fight Club:

For those who walk the cul de sac of lies as they spend so much mental energy second guessing others and thus not being authentic to themselves whereas if they were to just say **** it and let the chips fall where they may it would become a whole different game. Obviously you can't go from column B to column A over night as people around you expect you to conform and perform as you have done before but in my case when people meet me I'm being real and thus thats how it goes on and the benefits from this are immense for not only your own well being but how it allows others to feel comfortable being real around you to because, as they say, real recognize real.

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          That's pretty much any job though. It took me 8 years to speak my mind at work.
                          This illustrates what I said about the A to B shift before. How did you go about it and what changes did you notice, not only in yourself but how others responded to the honesty?

In my case I found myself flooded with requests/questions from people that wanted an honest perspective or some unvarnished advice and many many times people have said how they find my style so refreshingly direct because I mean what I say and just call it how I see i which is a stark contrast to this PC infected world.

Remember back in the 90s when "political correctness" first started taking off and how everyone would laugh and sneer at the blatantly pandering fakeness that oozed from each carefully thought out word? Well look at the world now and you can see that its became the norm as evidenced by all the fake outrage and generally bitchmade antics that dominate most social media platforms and blogs. We've turned into a world full of Maud Flanders clones.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I don't need to come to my senses mate. We have a group of mods here and if one of us is concerned about a thread, post or member then we have a chat and decide what to do, then we do it.

You like posting here, we like you posting here. Let's keep it up. Avoid telling me to come to my senses, calling me a.little bitch or a snowflake and we'll be fine.
                            If the shoe fits...

Maybe you should ask yourself why you find the trio mentioned at the end of your post so offensive because had I called you a moose shagger you probably would've brushed it off without the comment getting your hackles up but the very fact that it has shows that I've hit a nerve somewhere and that was the exact point of not only this thread but the one that only a lucky few got to see before it was consigned to the ether.

I know how moderating works as I've done that unpaid job before on a super hectic board and get where you are coming from but I do think you deleting my other thread was bang out of order because you stifled the most potentially amazing discussion ever on NTSC-uk due to what seems to be a knee jerk reaction as from that little seed there could have grew such wonderful discussion as it cut across so many layers of BS that defines the modern world as it stands and the crowd round here is more than mature enough to be able to handle it in my estimation otherwise I wouldn't have bothered typing all that I did.

I'll make a deal with you, bring the thread back and lets see what the people think and if even one person is offended by it and can give a good reason (ie not a twat that dislikes me due to a previous run in on here) and debate it then I'll happily leave this forum for good. Deal?

Comment

OK, two parts to this to address.

First is the removal of your thread. It wasn't clear what you were asking and you decided to litter it with loads of racist terms. When you're discussing matters of race, you really, really have to consider the words you are using and the mock-antagonistic way you chose was not the best choice, even if you thought it was funny or a jovial approach to the subject matter.
                              All the mods were in agreement that it was never going to end well and it was removed.

If you ever want to discuss matters of race, your original thread, was not the way to go about it and it definitely won't be restored.

Secondly, is the question in this thread.
                              You might think it's OK to always speak your mind, but we've all got to get along.
                              It's like manspreading on a tube. I'm glad that guy is comfortable, but it's completely ignoring the comfort of any other passengers.

I don't like the term "bitch" that you frequently use (or street variation of). Do you call all of the women you know "bitch", even in a jokey way?
                              I expect not, because you understand that although you might not mean it in any other way than banter, you know that others might misconstrue your intention and you could end up with a clip around the ear from your mother, a dressing down from HR or even imprisonment.
                              I don't think self-censoring yourself in that way isn't "keeping it real".

Finally, on a personal note, I've been really enjoying some of your recent threads and you've posted some interesting questions. I've even dug out my OutRun 2 on the strength of your enthusiasm.
                              Please don't ruin all that by exploring where the boundaries of the forum are.

Everyone: If you're ever unsure about posting something, then walk away for five minutes. If you come back and think it's still worth posting, then go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X