PS4 or Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    For most people the PS4 is such an easy slam dunk choice in this head to head, good as the Ninty games are you'd currently not be missing much by leaving the NS to a later date.
    He'd only be missing out on GOTY after GOTY after GOTY after GOTY.

I had roughly 300 hours of proportionally limited gaming time last year. I'd rather spend that time on GOTY-caliber stuff over lots of various forgettable bargain bin tat for a fiver a pop. At this stage you're practically comparing a huge stack of 'used' Razzle to a plastic-sealed copy of Penthouse.

Comment

I think you're missing the important question: What games do you want to play?

If you're looking for big budget stuff then PS4.

If you're looking for Nintendo stuff then Switch.

Either way, we're on both consoles so can hit up the multiplayer with you.

Comment

The GOTY stuff is a to extent subjective and for many the PS4 line up would be just as well thought of and more consistent in delivery, given randombs already has a PS3 it's safe to assume PS4 would equally appeal.

Comment

I would point out that most Switch games could be played in either Japanese or English, whereas PS4 games in Japan would be 100% Japanese. I know that doesn't affect things much, but sometimes its nice not to have to think about what you're reading.

Comment

The PS4 is region-free, but its worth remembering:
            • You can buy the console from anywhere in the world, BUT, it will be region locked for dvd /blu-ray playback.
            • As far as games are concerned, any game bought from any country will play on any console.
            • As far as accounts are concerned, any game bought from any country will play on any account registered to any country.
            • Psn codes are locked to the country they are bought from, and MUST match the country of the psn account.
            • Dlc is region locked, and must match the region of the psn account, AND the region the game was bought from.

Comment

I’m not particularly interested in stuff like Zelda. Never had the patience for RPGs. Splatoon looks fun and of course there’s the Mario stuff and DKC as you mentioned, Dave.

In the old days I would’ve just bought both but not now. I’ve always felt that I’d miss out if I only had a Nintendo console after the SNES whereas I’ve been content to own the other ones and pop my head over the fence occasionally. Mind you, I have a PS3 now where five years ago I’d be laughing at its gimped ports as I fired up my 360!

Kryss: the honest answer is that I don’t really know! And hardly anyone I know owns either of these(I have two friends with Switches but none with PS4s). Recently I’ve been getting into things like Wipeout time trials - games where I can quickly restart and try again to beat scores and times.

I’ll chat with my wife about it, too. She’s been saying she wants to play the new FF game...

Comment

It seems like PS4 is pretty much an easy lock for you, plus you'd have a little left over from what a Switch costs to start a Switch Fund too

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  The PS4 is region-free, but its worth remembering:
                  • You can buy the console from anywhere in the world, BUT, it will be region locked for dvd /blu-ray playback.
                  • As far as games are concerned, any game bought from any country will play on any console.
                  • As far as accounts are concerned, any game bought from any country will play on any account registered to any country.
                  • Psn codes are locked to the country they are bought from, and MUST match the country of the psn account.
                  • Dlc is region locked, and must match the region of the psn account, AND the region the game was bought from.
                  Interestingly with the Switch, you can buy games with worldwide releases from the Japanese eShop under one account and they'll show as "Purchased" in the eShop on an account for a different region on the same console.
                  I bought De Mambo and Fe from the Japanese eShop with my Japanese account for 50% off and they both show as purchased on my Canadian account.

Also, I just found PETA released a game for the Switch called Kitten Squad. Training the next generation of eco-terrorists (and it's free)
                  Last edited by kryss; 14-05-2018, 15:25.

Comment

I own both and like them both very much. But unless you feel you’ll get significant value from being able to play off-TV or on the move, it’s very hard to recommend the Switch over the PS4. It has a pretty big library at this point, a lot of which is now very cheap, and there’s plenty of life left in it. Switch is a nice machine but games are expensive and a bit few and far between.

It really comes down to what you’re keenest to play now and in the future. I’d make a shortlist of what you’d like to play on each machine.

Comment

PS4 fo sho!

Comment

If you want Nintendo games then you have your answer.
                        If gaming on the go is a priority then you have your answer.
                        If neither of the above are true the PS4 every day of the week. I have both but I treat the Switch as a handheld really.

Comment

PS4 has EDF (nothing else mind).

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            I’ll chat with my wife about it, too. She’s been saying she wants to play the new FF game...
                            You mean this one?

Comment

I just remembered: I never buy the first version of a console. Ninty will squeeze out a New Switch at some point and my body will be ready.

Cheers for the replies. PS4 it is. I've been checking out the UK PSN store and there are some veritable bargains.

I'll ask tonight.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              You mean this one?
                              lol no! I meant FF15.

That looks gorgeous, though.

Comment

Pro + PSVR or don't bother

Comment

Working...
                                X