• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASMR

Anyone else like this stuff?
    Makes me fall asleep. In a good way.
    Son showed me some vids a while back.
    A couple of good examples in this link
    Catch up on the phenomenon known as ASMR, which is exploding in popularity and may be linked to the appeal of religion.

Followed the link and was transfixed by ASMR Darling. The whispering was ridiculously relaxing to the point where I've had to stop playing God of War because I feel sleepy.

Comment

Ooooooh, is it like binaural beats? Will take a look.

Comment

...is this another cult thing?
        I already have one wife and she's enough for me.

Comment

Yup known about it since the 90s though i called it Brain buzz at the time, problem i have now is i preferred it when it was unintentional when people really try to do it i just find it annoying

Comment

I stumbled upon ASMR while looking for YT videos of binaural jimminies. Some make me giggle with their decent production values but it's pretty interesting.

Comment

Some of them are a bit irritating. Also some of them are going for the surrogate girlfriend angle (check ones with 'personal attention' in the title or the more obvious 'cuddly girlfriend') and the youtube comments are chock-full of sad men making saddo statements of admiration and affection.
              The mind-boggles.
              Personally, I don't get the brain tingle sensation but I do get to sleep quickly - I quite like the role play ones - "Hi I'm your sleep doctor and will be taking you on a sleep analysis experiment in our lab" sort of thing.

Comment

Can't say I'd heard of this before and the Maria links were just irritating, but I do like watching Bob Ross. There's a Twitch channel that seems to show his stuff nearly constantly - it's very tranquil and relaxing: https://www.twitch.tv/bobross (seems it's currently offline as I post this though).

Comment

Yeah Bob Ross is great. And when Twitch were streaming Mister Rogers, I’d often out that on. So simple but nice to have on in the background.

Comment

Never heard of this before. One interesting thing is that once I stopped listening to the video I was acutely aware of the sounds around me.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Followed the link and was transfixed by ASMR Darling. The whispering was ridiculously relaxing to the point where I've had to stop playing God of War because I feel sleepy.
                      There is something fantastic about this post, where you have tried to do God of War vs ASMR. Like polar opposites.

Comment

I don't get brain tingle, but it's more skin tingle. It's a bit similar to a panic attack but without the traumatic aspects that usually follow.

Comment

Working...
                        X