Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

STALKER 2 will release in 2021

GSC Game World owner Sergiy Grygorovych announced the game’s existence via Facebook today, providing a link to a new official website. and literally the only thing on the website is the STALKER 2 logo with the year 2021 underneath, as well as an email address, which we have emailed to try to get more information.

Side note: It's going to be a pain writing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. every time, so feel free to call it STALKER.

Phfff, I get wanting to revisit a franchise that had fans at the time but 2021 feels like this is just a statement of intent rather than a properly active project. I'm sure there's been previous failed attempts at making a sequel and the whole survival, post apocalypse angle is beaten to death especially on PC where this series fanbase resided. Hopefully if it's made it's good but my spider-sense is tingling.

Comment

Far too soon but if it happens I'll be there day 1. I want to return to the zone.

Comment

I've tried the original: Shadow of Chenobyl and Call of Pripyat a few times. And I don't fully know why but I can never get that far into these games. I should love them because they have elements that appeal to me.

My last attempt was trying the Call of Chernobyl mod (very impressive sandbox mod for the third game) which tries to links of the different maps into one, amongst other things. But I remember trying to get through a small corridor in to an industrial-like site and having the game almost continuously spawn enemies at me. Just broke all immersion unfortunately and I didn't get much further.

Curious as to what this would be like.

Comment

YouTube’s member ‘Antishnaps’ has shared a video interview with developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. During this interview, GSC GameWorld has revealed some new information about this game that a lot of PC gamers are looking forward to, even though there is no ETA as of yet (well, despite a vague 2021 target release window). As GSC … Continue reading New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 details surface; mods, tech, VR, battle royale and more →

STALKER 2 is targeting having modding tools at launch but won't offer VR support

Comment

Las nights trailer for STALKER 2 was a target render and its 2021 release date has now been removed

Comment

Its funny seeing my earlier post now, I'm not sure if I'm all that interested in sequel anymore. I went back to the first games last year and really didn't enjoy myself. I think that's more to do with my general dislike of open world games these days though.

Comment

Think with the original Stalker and its sequels/updates there was a lot of Jankiness and bugs that really held it back for me, they had the ambition but not really the budget or time to do it.

The way it was made and having this open area and the way things can just happen without having prescripted was pretty cool but it made things break a lot.

Metro 2033 i know was made by developers who had worked on Stalker and that was a more reigned in scripted affair.

Also with the original games i know it got praise for it being a uncompromising game....but i felt it was that way because of the Jankiness, bugs and lack of play testing lol
                Last edited by eastyy; 25-07-2020, 19:33.

Comment

UPDATE 16/12/21: Following yesterday's announcement that Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl would introduce its own blockcha…

The devs have announced that STALKER 2 will contain its own metaverse filled with NFTs

Comment

They've made a u-turn and given up in NFTs

Comment

Will Wright's new game has NFTs as well apparently. Truly the end times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        They've made a u-turn and given up in NFTs

https://mobile.twitter.com/stalker_t...20399997886472
                        That is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          That is hilarious.
                          Best part is this tweet that came not long before the decision to u-turn.
                          They try to double down on it, then got more stick and only then gave up.

Comment

Dirty, money-grubbing clunges. Didn't Valve/Steam also shut the door on all NFT/blockchain games? Imagine that might've played a part.

Comment

You have to love how the response to this flurry of gaming NFT announcements has been backlash all the way down. Stamped through like a stick of seaside rock.

I do get annoyed with gAmErS at large because it can be a goddamn terrible group of people, but in this case, it's pretty funny to see them dunk on the whole notion of gaming NFTs without hesitation or remorse.

Comment

Working...
                              X