User Tag List

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

STALKER 2 will release in 2021

GSC Game World owner Sergiy Grygorovych announced the game’s existence via Facebook today, providing a link to a new official website. and literally the only thing on the website is the STALKER 2 logo with the year 2021 underneath, as well as an email address, which we have emailed to try to get more information.

Side note: It's going to be a pain writing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. every time, so feel free to call it STALKER.

Phfff, I get wanting to revisit a franchise that had fans at the time but 2021 feels like this is just a statement of intent rather than a properly active project. I'm sure there's been previous failed attempts at making a sequel and the whole survival, post apocalypse angle is beaten to death especially on PC where this series fanbase resided. Hopefully if it's made it's good but my spider-sense is tingling.

Far too soon but if it happens I'll be there day 1. I want to return to the zone.

I've tried the original: Shadow of Chenobyl and Call of Pripyat a few times. And I don't fully know why but I can never get that far into these games. I should love them because they have elements that appeal to me.

My last attempt was trying the Call of Chernobyl mod (very impressive sandbox mod for the third game) which tries to links of the different maps into one, amongst other things. But I remember trying to get through a small corridor in to an industrial-like site and having the game almost continuously spawn enemies at me. Just broke all immersion unfortunately and I didn't get much further.

Curious as to what this would be like.