User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...y-basic-reboot

Preview of the game, for me it paints it as another 2018 NS One to Skip

Same. They make it sound like it builds on Pokemon Go rather than the full games and I have no interest in Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Same. They make it sound like it builds on Pokemon Go rather than the full games and I have no interest in Go.
    Sigh, moves along shaking head.

I was initially interested but have to say I probably won't pick this up now.

I’m looking forward to it and have both copies and
    the pokeball on pre-order . Still playing go so I’m fine with this until the proper game next year

Spoke to the boy earlier and he’s not impressed, these aren’t proper Pokémon games as far as he’s concerned. And that’s coming from a 13 year old who’s their target market. Saved me from buying a Switch though...

I'm extremely into this, as a 27 year old adult that has been playing Pokémon for 19 years. Might be a bit of bias in there.

This genuinely looks better than their GameCube 3D Pokémon efforts and because it's set in Kanto it's a cheap nostalgia hit too. Day one for me.

Ita a freet to play title that will cost a hundred quid. A bit of a theme in gaming now.

Not sure how your seeing this as a free to play game, it has exploration and battles like a traditional pokemon game, The random encounters where you had to battle pokemon is the only thing missing and it has been replaced with the throw to capture mechanic, its not a simple google map walk about collectors book like poke Go as their is lots of traditional Pokemon stuff here. my 8 year old and 10 year old are currently arguing over which version we should buy Eviee or pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by _SD_ View Post
    Spoke to the boy earlier and he’s not impressed, these aren’t proper Pokémon games as far as he’s concerned. And that’s coming from a 13 year old who’s their target market. Saved me from buying a Switch though...
    I honestly think Pokemon's target market is the people who were in the target market in ~1999. Anything else is a bonus.