Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

It's looking more and more likely that the NS Pokemon game will come in to flavours that have a focus on each of the above Pokemon. The titles take their inspiration from the hit mobile entry and the game is said to return to Kanto. This leaked screen:...

Is said to suggest rumours are true that the design is modelled on Pokemon Yello lw and that the game will be designed as a higher resolution version of the traditional handheld entries rather than something that brings the series into line with the bigger budget looking titles in other key Nintendo franchises.

There are some rumours that the game might include gameplay elements Go is known for.

I'm nearly in tears reading your post, this is exactly what I want.

Comment

It was supposed to be ready for Switch launch , despite what Ninty say Gamefreak have been working on it for the past 3 years

Comment

Brothers just said Nintendo direct Pokemon tomorrow but can’t see news of it anywhere

Comment

This sounds quite cool. The problem with Pokemon for me is that I just find the single player quests a bit too easy and dull. If you have a friend playing too though, the multiplayer is exceptionally deep and complex (and intensely competitive!).

I'd love to see a Pokemon with a bit more challenge in the main story. Sun and Moon were such great games in many ways, but I just find myself getting a bit bored playing it at times.

Comment

All will be revealed on japanese tv show Oha Suta on May 31st allegedly

Comment

Has features I didn't know that I wanted. Amazing

Comment

I think it looks fantastic , love that new Pokeball too and Go connectivity . And Gen 8 for next year too

Comment

Is it a full Pokémon adventure? Looks like it but I wasn’t sure. No interest in the Pokemon Go stuff but the Pokeball looks very cool.

Comment

I get the impression it’s a light version of Pokemon ? You don’t get to evolve Pikachu or Eeve and you don’t battle wild Pokemon rather than just catch them as in Go . Ive seen mentioned the ball is around $50 which is way too steep but I’m a sucker and can’t wait to get it

Comment

What is it exactly? Looks like some rubbish hybrid with all the RPG bits ripped out in favour of random pokeball chucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                        I get the impression it’s a light version of Pokemon ? You don’t get to evolve Pikachu or Eeve and you don’t battle wild Pokemon rather than just catch them as in Go . Ive seen mentioned the ball is around $50 which is way too steep but I’m a sucker and can’t wait to get it
                        You never got to evolve Pikachu in Yellow version either. Never played it before? You can clearly see wild Pokémon on the open field (what looks like Mt Moon) in the trailer too.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        What is it exactly? Looks like some rubbish hybrid with all the RPG bits ripped out in favour of random pokeball chucking.
                        The trailer shows a battle in progress (on Nugget Bridge no less) with all the conventional mechanics.
                        Last edited by speedlolita; 30-05-2018, 08:45.

Comment

Maybe the wild Pokemon you see walking around the bushes and in caves are for catching only? Seems like battles are done against trainers. Then I have no idea how you level up your Pokemon, unless they let you refight trainers or something. Looks like the Pokemon transfered over from Go are confined to "Go Park" whatever that is. So long as Go integration doesn't change the core gameplay in a major way then that's fine with me.

Comment

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are coming to Nintendo Switch. Here's what we know so far, including how the games work with Pokemon Go and how battles work.

While you can't battle wild Pokemon, you can battle NPCs and other players, and those battles use the turn-based system of the main Pokemon games. You get experience points both from catching Pokemon as well as battling other trainers, though Masuda said the leveling system hasn't been finalized yet.
                            its not the mainline pokemon rpg that gamefreak are working on thats coming next year, this is more of a side game with go functionality. As someone who still plays go with my kids and know lots of others that do this is massive for me. having a go game that's more fleshed out with a proper rpg format is ace, my kids will be all over this as they still love playing go when where out and about, Eevee is my daughters fave pokemon too so i know which version we will be getting.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 30-05-2018, 09:30.

Comment

This is a clever creation. The perfect gateway game for players introduced to Pokemon via Go. The mainline games are great but they're increasingly unwieldy and unwelcoming to newcomers.

I'm looking forward to a tighter experience in a reimagined 3D Kanto - I'll be in for the mainline game next year but this is a really nice one to look forward to on Switch. Im fine with capture mechanics changing for this, I don't find the random battles and HP chipping particularly enthralling these days to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X