Majyuuou rerelease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majyuuou rerelease.

Not sure what the complete deal is with this, but I’m assuming it’s a licenced rerelease of the now stupidly expensive and rare Super Famicom game at a much more palatable price.

Majyuuou for Super Famicom / SNESMajyuuou puts the player in control of Abel in his human form initially, though after every large boss the player can acquire an orb that will transform Abel into a demonic form of his own. His demon forms are a lot more powerful and include a flying red demon who uses energy boomerangs, a green reptilian demon with a laser, and a blue dragon with a powerful short-range breath attack!The player can either pick the same form several times, which unlocks a much stronger version of that form, or they can alternate every stage and ...

I'm very tempted to buy this, because it's such a cool hidden(and expensive) gem for the SFC. The box art really appeals to me.

The name is said to translate to 'King of Demons'.

Thanks for the heads up, Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Not sure what the complete deal is with this, but I’m assuming it’s a licenced rerelease of the now stupidly expensive and rare Super Famicom game at a much more palatable price.

Majyuuou for Super Famicom / SNESMajyuuou puts the player in control of Abel in his human form initially, though after every large boss the player can acquire an orb that will transform Abel into a demonic form of his own. His demon forms are a lot more powerful and include a flying red demon who uses energy boomerangs, a green reptilian demon with a laser, and a blue dragon with a powerful short-range breath attack!The player can either pick the same form several times, which unlocks a much stronger version of that form, or they can alternate every stage and ...

Yeah, it's a re-release. The company behind it also re-released a ****ty scrolling beat'em up about food. Can't for the life of me remember the name now. Anyway, the boxes they come in are a bit flimsy.

Comment

Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou is the food flavoured beat'em up, and they re-released Iron Commando which I did pick up to see what the quality was like, not bad, the boxes are overly glossy and do feel a bit flimsy and the printing/colours seem a bit off but the carts are good quality and they are pretty cheap so overall was not too bad an effort

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          Does anyone have any of the Retro-Bit repros that are available on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Bit-E...D7P840TDTQVWVN
          No, but why have they used "Rushing Beat" instead of "The Peace Keepers" on a western style repro...?

Comment

I've been eyeing up the Majyuuou re-release for some time now. The Cart on those Retro Bit Repros for me are horrid tbh.

Comment

I don't see any difference in buying a cheap ass repro from China to these "official" repro games. In fact, the Chinese ones are more likely to feature the real box design compete with Super Famicom logos.

Comment

Being released by Columbus Circle who also reissued Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero

ゲームパーツメーカーのコロンバスサークルでは、テレビゲーム周辺機器の製造、開発、販売、輸入、OEMを行っております。(DS Lite、Wii、PSP、PS3、iPod、PC、kindle Paperwhite、iPhone5、こびとづかん、ワンピース)

Another company known as Piko reissued Iron Commando & Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Piko Interactive Online Video Game Store - Buy SNES Games, Buy Sega Genesis Game, Buy NES Game, Buy N64 Games, Buy Gameboy Games, Buy GBA Games, N64 Games. New Homebrew Games, New Video Game Releases, Indie Video Games

These guys must be making some cash from it as there's quite a few companies doing it, shame they haven't got the official licensed from Nintendo as they are little more than homebrews, with no official SNES catalogue numbers etc.

There's quite a few Dreamcast games being made as well, but a lot are only being sold via https://en.rushongame.com/ which is a truly awful website, a private online shop what the ****? Was in French only until a few months back.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                  These guys must be making some cash from it as there's quite a few companies doing it, shame they haven't got the official licensed from Nintendo as they are little more than homebrews, with no official SNES catalogue numbers etc.
                  I disagree with your point about these re-releases being little more than homebrew knockoffs; the original creators are getting paid for these, either via up front license payment or through royalties, and that is a major distinction.

I purchased the Binman re-release and was more than happy with the quality of the cartridge and packaging, and will certainly be getting myself a copy of Majyuuou as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X