Onrush beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onrush beta

Codemasters Onrush is pretty much team battle motorstorm. Beta open on the ps4 and probably everything else giving us 3 maps, different weather on the maps (like snow on the beach level), 4 vehicles (bike, 2 cars, 1 truck) and 2 modes of play which is a pass through the gates to add a second to the team time out which is ticking down, and points mode where 1st to 12000(i think) points through stunts, boost chains, npc and player takedowns.

Good fun so far, if only couple of laggy matches where feels like you had the initiative on the player but ended up wrecked somehow... think i briefly saw Dvdx2 in match with him on the other team.

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    Codemasters Onrush is pretty much team battle motorstorm. Beta open on the ps4 and probably everything else giving us 3 maps, different weather on the maps (like snow on the beach level), 4 vehicles (bike, 2 cars, 1 truck) and 2 modes of play which is a pass through the gates to add a second to the team time out which is ticking down, and points mode where 1st to 12000(i think) points through stunts, boost chains, npc and player takedowns.

Good fun so far, if only couple of laggy matches where feels like you had the initiative on the player but ended up wrecked somehow... think i briefly saw Dvdx2 in match with him on the other team.

Lol - was me mate and you wrecked me!

Not sure what I think of this; if this is pretty much the way the full release is, it’s definetly not worth full price. I think the talent with this studio has would have been better put into a new motor storm esq game.

Comment

I don't think it will play any different as far as the car handling goes, guess it comes down to how many modes they stick in it, is any single player stuff, what does the exp progression do, etc, etc, seems like a solid B game and as you say not a full price entry but it hey stick out for under £30 i would consider it, i like the handling, the mayhem and madmax convoy feel.

Comment

Downloading now after reading about in on Era, free beta so why not but it's being pretty badly torn apart online it seems.

Comment

Yep, tried it and... no. Hate that the studio has put so much work into another game that doesn't hit the magic spot but this reeks of an early development game mode rather than a full priced game in of itself. It's just a very repetitive and empty feeling experience that I grew tired of within the demo.

Comment

It’s a weird game that’s for sure, surely the beta is a tiny part of the full game , there has to be more to it surely for a full price game.

i sort of like it, but If that’s all there is to it I won’t buy it that’s for sure .

Comment

I think there's other modes and more content in terms of tracks and vehicles but from what I've read the demo showcases the main meat of the experience. It's different which I think is the main hook they're hoping works for it but it feels too simplistic to hold attention.

Comment

Just from that video, it seems soulless somehow. There is just no weight to the experience, like motorstorm basically.

Comment

This looked amazing when it was announced but the more I've seen the more I've started to doubt.

What I wouldn't give for HD remasters of either Pure or Blur (or both). Two of the finest racers of the last gen.

Comment

I really enjoyed the closed beta not sure if it was the same as the open one, it takes the takedown premise of burnout and blows it up so that if your not getting takedowns in the double figures your doing it wrong. Ramming people in to walls, rocks, lakes ect never gets old.

I found the game to be a real rush too, its a team based stampede and it dose a really good job of keeping you in the thick of it theirs no finish line its all about stying with the pack and getting a higher score than the other team through takedowns stunts and smashing up the npc racers. That first time you get a vertical takedown is amazing too nothing like landing right on top of another car and crushing them, likewise playing chicken with a wall or breaking and watching the person trying to ram you go spinning into a tree is great too.

I Did really enjoyed it but maybe that was because i kept getting MVP one thing i do think lets it down is maybe its a bit too intense so it not a game you can play all evening, it dose seem a bit of a one trick pony too. Its an ugly game too the graphics are pretty poor on ps4, I'm not sure if this it to keep it at a solid 60fps and if that's the case then fair play as it kind of needs to be but yeah this isn't a pretty game.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 21-05-2018, 09:28.

Comment

PS4 owners. This is free to play over the weekend.

Search for Onrush on PSN store and download the demo which is actually the full game for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X