No announcement yet.

Are you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is just heartbreaking. I don't know what happened, but accepting you have a problem and seeking help is so commendable.

Comment

Oh, mate.

As Cassius says, admitting you've got a problem and doing something about it is laudable.

It's the AA's first step, so you're already on your way.

I hope you get things back on track.

Comment

We’d had the greatest summer together. I can’t stop thinking about her. I can’t sleep or eat. I just feel so lost. A fortnite ago, we were at London Zoo, now I’m sitting in my Mom’s lounge listening to her saying “I told you so” over and over. I can’t currently see a way out of it. I’m beyond devastated.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Turn the fader down on the "I told you so" track to start with. You ****ed up, now what? You're going to AA, and that is amazing. You have to keep moving forward Daz. *hugz*

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            We’d had the greatest summer together. I can’t stop thinking about her. I can’t sleep or eat. I just feel so lost. A fortnite ago, we were at London Zoo, now I’m sitting in my Mom’s lounge listening to her saying “I told you so” over and over. I can’t currently see a way out of it. I’m beyond devastated.
            No chance of getting back? None at all? All that time together must have meant something to her!

Comment

I don’t think that it’ll ever happen personally.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You royally ****ed that one up eh DV?

I have always known it, but I have admitted that I have a drink problem. I’m attending my first AA meeting on Sunday.

To have had what I had up there, and then ruin it just plain stupid. Sad times indeed, and what happened happened so suddenly that I didn’t even get to say goodbye.
                Credit to you for realizing you need and are seeking help. As someone who once had a massive alcohol problem, things will get better dude.

Comment

Did you drink all of her supply of fever tree?

Comment

So sorry for both [MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION]. Sending peace and love to you both.
                    Last edited by gunrock; 12-10-2018, 17:25.

Comment

[MENTION=16623]Zen Monkey[/MENTION], 2 user accounts is against forum rules.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I really appreciate it. I’m besides myself with woe. I’ve never felt like this about a partner before, and I don’t know how to move forward. To go from how good it was to this in such a short time is hard to understand.

On the fateful night, I was so incredibly drunk that I scared her so much, she felt calling the police was the only way to ensure her and perhaps my safety. I’m really in a lot of trouble. It’s the biggest regret of my life so far.

I’m expecting to never set eyes on her again, let alone being able to reconcile with her, but I am full of remorse for my actions that night and I miss her so much that I feel as though she has died.

At 39.5, I had finally found my person. To mess it up over what was initially such a trivial matter has destroyed me.

I feel like I’m a nightmare. I know time is a great healer, but to not even have closure so that she could tell me she hates me is crushing. I can see no light currently.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

And now my insomnia is driving me mad... this happens every time I’m sick. I just want a few hours of proper deep sleep, I haven’t slept properly since Tuesday night.

So here I am at nearly 1am, everywhere is completely silent apart from the gale blowing outside, and I’m watching Mr Robinson and Co. digging up half of the UK. At least I’ve managed to get a big bag of crisps down me and a couple of cups of tea and keep them down.

Sleep. Please...

4 hours is all I managed then I woke up dying for a wee. Now I can’t get back to sleep so I’m watching grown men play with toy soldiers. It doesn’t look like I’ll be seeing the boy now until after my birthday due to his bitch mother.
                          Last edited by _SD_; 13-10-2018, 06:36.

Comment

You royally ****ed that one up eh DV?

I have always known it, but I have admitted that I have a drink problem. I’m attending my first AA meeting on Sunday.

To have had what I had up there, and then ruin it just plain stupid. Sad times indeed, and what happened happened so suddenly that I didn’t even get to say goodbye.
                            Terribly sorry to hear all this JM, really is ****ty, all the best.

Comment

That’s awful.

You never know if you’ll see her again, but she probably won’t want to see you in your current state - it would just be apologies and promises to change, really. But you’ve joined AA by yourself, which is great. If she decides to open a dialogue with you at some point, you’ll be able to demonstrate a tangible improvement.

Good luck, mate.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this JM

My brother is an admitting alcoholic but his fiancée has stuck by him and tried to help him... so I know how things can be like. They can get better, you have to believe they will. Admitting it and doing something about it are first steps. Good luck my friend...
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X