Retro Revival 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Revival 2018

Some photos from the event, hope some of you enjoy these...

Arcades, alcohol, and Archer Maclean... all things encountered at Retro Revival in Walsall in May 2018!
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

That's the one at Bescot Stadium, isn't it?
    I've been in previous years as it's really near me, but I couldn't make it this year.
    Did you have fun?

Comment

Yes, first time there actually, been meaning to go but it's just a bit far in general. And indeed, really enjoyed myself.

Comment

Yeah, it's a nice size and pleasant atmosphere. Plenty of kit to play on.
        It was my first chance to play some DC shooters like Zero Gunner 2.

Comment

That first image of the three blokes does nothing to help the stereotypical image a lot of people still have of people who play video games.

Comment

That's probably what most of us look like, to be fair.
            I do try to avoid Star Wars t-shirts though.

Playexpo in Manchester has a wider selection of clientele, but that's because it's trying to be everything to everyone.
            You get teenage girls in cosplay, awkward boys carrying around their own tournament joysticks, stressed bald men trying to repair their dying pinball machines and random people in between.

I didn't realise Mr. Biffo and Iain Lee were going. I can imagine that was a fun discussion!

I'll try and go next year.

Comment

Looks fun. Cool that Romero was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                That first image of the three blokes does nothing to help the stereotypical image a lot of people still have of people who play video games.
                It would have been an even better image if Jeff Minter was sitting there hunched over a C64.

As much as gaming has never been seen as "cool" by poser sort of people, if you're a gamer you just enjoy the hobby and accept that all the reasons you love gaming just won't compute with people who don't appreciate it.

Comment

That Alex chap over on YouTube just put up a video of the show , looked pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    That Alex chap over on YouTube just put up a video of the show , looked pretty decent
                    Link for us lazy types?

Comment

Comment

I've been going on the sunday with mates for the couple years and it was nice to have them expand it out to 2 large rooms for the first time since i started going when they restarted from that farm function room. I can see from the picture the F355 machine actually had F355 in it , sunday they had swapped it out the rom for Outrun2 which was really good fun. Also enjoyed the standup Hang-on and Ridge racer machines, operation wolf and 4 player Gauntlet. Also fewer knackered machines this year which is nice, a couple of the older arcades had bits of the monitor cut off, T2 second uzi didn't work and the 2 SF2 machines we played both had joystick problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                          That's actually me briefly in shot at 33:50 before getting out of the way of the camera so Jim could be interviewed heh. I know Jim from the Vectrex community, but Revival was the first time I'd gotten to meet him as he lives all the way up in Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                          X