Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1Z1: Battle Royale - PS4

Anyone playing this?

I've been playing since Tuesday. It's great fun. Looks full as, but team up with friends and you'll have a right laugh.

The rounds are shorter than the likes of PUBG and Fortnite. Which i like. There's no menu diving into item management either. The game is streamlined for console. I recommend.

Free to play.

Haven't tried but was going to. By short rounds...

How short though? Fortnites are very short and it cripples the appeal of BR for me

Comment

15 minutes is typical. I tried it, didn't really like it. Not played any other Battle Royal games though so can't compare.

Comment

I really like the Socom-y 3rd person viewpoint/combat, but even better is the straight to aim-down-sight view upon pressing L2. For me it's hit a bit sweet spot with its streamlined approach. No messing about with attachments in menus, no building forts (I was so crap at that). Great fun.

Comment

Have to give this a blast. I hate fortnite though...

Comment

I enjoyed what played, no menu diving, just pick up and replace damaged or better armour, better bags allow any 4 weapons to be held, damage is high and it easy to get downed without armour on, vehicles are a laugh.

Mostly played in fives mode after abit of combat training to get use the weapons, and thankfully it's not the hitscan rubbish of fortnite. There is plenty of jank, FPS nose diving with lag and busy areas and zero polish but i like it knowing if starta gun fight whee i have the clear advantage i know the opponent isn't going to turtle up behind instant walls.

Comment

Still playing, enjoying it more as pure shooter than Fortnite. One thing i think they need to do is lower the starting petrol to 25% or 50% and have you find fuel to top it up, the last spurt in the endgame is usually 5 idiots driving around in circles all day, at least in 5's mode a team can down a car in couple of mags.

Comment

Teamed up with a mate and set about doing some fives, mainly to ease him in to the combat as it gives you more breathing space at the start compared to solo or duos, and some really fun moments, mostly mishaps.

Blue Brothers remade in H1Z1

first 5's win, with jousting shotgun jeeps and then sweeping up solo with the scout rifle.

Comment

Game went "gold" this week, along a patch for a few new graphics, balances, couple of new items, season passes and trophies. Big change is swapping starting weapons up so explosive crossbow is in the chest and AR-15 is out of it giving players a mid to long range weapon to stand a chance against people with better weapons (which are mostly mid range assault and sniper rifles), also new is a Humvee, an auto sniper rifle, and RPG . They've also sorted out the hiding and healing in the gas problem a few patches back making the last few gas circles pretty deadly to stand in which puts back the action into the ending as no-one wants to get caught in it.

I did get the season pass for £3.80 which gave me a bunch of costumes i can unlock, just a little something extra to mess around with.

Below is lucky win, went into the final stages with just 2 of 5 alive and surrounded by gunfights, and with only a half decent shotgun as my weapon, cleared it out for the win. Would have definitely have lost this had the circle moved out in to the forest.

Comment

Still playing a couple of matches a week, i think it's mostly rock solid 60fps makes more enjoyable (even if the graphics seem high-res ps3) than other 30fps shooters i've played recently in the last 2 weeks.

Also another win but with the odds stacked against me in 5's mode, after 3 shoot outs with other teams, we're down to 2 people with no armour, low health and "green" weapons, and odds are in the favour of 2 teams which still have 5 people on their side (one on the roof and another camped behind us)... somehow through some woeful aiming by my enemies and some lucky hipfire, i see it through to the end with a new record for me on kills.

Comment

Working...
                    X