No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get to [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION]'s B&M!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I need to get to [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION]'s B&M!
      I saw those little Data East handhelds at the airport yesterday. They certainly weren’t priced at £20 there.

Read a bit more about the Analogue pocket thingy. That screen is a really good choice for smooth integer scaling of those old handhelds displays. Should look great.

I do wish that companies would stop teasing stuff so far out though. Announce things and put it on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        I do wish that companies would stop teasing stuff so far out though. Announce things and put it on sale.
        Quite so! I bet that company making the handheld with the little turning handle is gutted now

Comment

This looks absolutely lovely... but I could probably count the Game Boy games I'd want to replay on one hand... and afford to lose a few fingers. I don't think many hold up well today outside of the Zeldas and Pokemon games.

Comment

I think I’m going to mostly use it to replay my NGPC collection tbh. I still really enjoy those but the screen is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Quite so! I bet that company making the handheld with the little turning handle is gutted now
              Teenage Engineering's quality control / build quality is dubious at best also.

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it, it comes with a synthesizer built in!

"Analogue isn’t just for games anymore.It’s for making music.

Pocket has a digital audio workstation built in called Nanoloop. It’s a synthesizer and a sequencer. Designed for music creation and live performance. Shape, stretch and morph sounds. Capture music or play and sculpt live."

Comment

So, how do these things sit legally?

I know they're not using ROMs, but you would think their SNES, although not taking sales from the original console as it's no longer on sale, it could be taking from the SNES Mini.

Do they need a licence to make these things?

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it, it comes with a synthesizer built in!

"Analogue isn’t just for games anymore.It’s for making music.

Pocket has a digital audio workstation built in called Nanoloop. It’s a synthesizer and a sequencer. Designed for music creation and live performance. Shape, stretch and morph sounds. Capture music or play and sculpt live."
                    That's a load of niche sales right there. There is quite a strong chiptune community still patching in Game Boys and this could be a big draw.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I think I’m going to mostly use it to replay my NGPC collection tbh. I still really enjoy those but the screen is a nightmare.
                      This is actually tempting me for this reason... Though would it be the same without the click-stick? I'm never happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        That's a load of niche sales right there. There is quite a strong chiptune community still patching in Game Boys and this could be a big draw.
                        Off the top of my head, I can think of two acts that I've seen play live music entirely through Gameboys.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Off the top of my head, I can think of two acts that I've seen play live music entirely through Gameboys.
                          Wow! Really?
                          Link-me-do and I'll YouTube some later.

Comment

Chipzel and DJ Scotch Egg are the two I was thinking of, though anticipating pedantry, I'm taking back the 'entirely' part!

Comment

Wow! Really?
                              Link-me-do and I'll YouTube some later.
                              Not Game Boys, but the DS Korg synth - I always thought this was really impressive:

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                This is actually tempting me for this reason... Though would it be the same without the click-stick? I'm never happy.
                                Yeah, that’s a good point to be fair.

Honestly I think my desire for this thing can’t entirely be rationalised. Also, I’d really need it to be jail broken, since buying GBA games these days is so expensive and difficult due to fakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X