Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game speech you thought said something else? Ankle boot dommo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game speech you thought said something else? Ankle boot dommo!

The sampled speech found in retro gaming was sometimes like 'Chinese whispers'. My TV would emit the sampled speech and I would hear and repeat it back a little bit differently.

For example, the Amazon women in Strider, I still don't know what they're saying, but it sounds like they are saying "Ankle boot dommo!".

You got any whoppers?

Not really retro, but one of the voices in Lumines always sounds to be saying "Steve Coogan". I don't really know what it actually says (possibly "stay cool"?). I'm not the only one to notice as one of my friends pointed it out with no prompting from me!

You can hear it at 41 seconds

Last edited by ZipZap; 31-05-2018, 00:34.

Comment

Haha that's ace. Never noticed it myself.

Comment

RoboCop. "Drop it" sounds like "Strawberries".

Comment

Stop that!

Comment

I'm sure there was something in SoR3 that sounded like 'Chris Akabusi'

Comment

Ryu and Ken's spinning hurricane kick move on SFII always sounded like

"Right Said Fred's got a verruca!".

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

An old mate of mine used to think it sounded like "pick up some fir cones"

Worms world party Finish soundbank.
                I always thought it said "**** 'em" when you threw a grenade.

Does the Sega logo on Sonic 1 (MD) count for this thread? Because this is the worst one ever for everyone getting it wrong. It's properly pronounced "Se Ga" by the Japanese, not "Sayga" or "Seega"
                Last edited by Solar; 31-05-2018, 15:57.

Comment

Pick the bones out of this lot.

Some of them could be speaking Martian....

The best ZX Spectrum speech and also the worst. Judge for yourself which is the best and worst......My votes:Best speech - RasputinWorst Speech - Jonah Barri...

Comment

It’s not long enough for that. How it sounds to me is impossible to type. I can say it though.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There's a line in Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China that is repeated quite often. I keep hearing it as 'Gimme the mayo.'

Comment

We always thought it sounded a bit like "A toxic Burgess." Whatever one of those might be.

Comment

There’s a move of cammy’s in street fighter alpha 3 that sounds exactly like ‘Simon cowel’

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                            There’s a move of cammy’s in street fighter alpha 3 that sounds exactly like ‘Simon cowel’
                            Sounded like Spinal Arrow to me

Comment

The sampled speech found in retro gaming was sometimes like 'Chinese whispers'. My TV would emit the sampled speech and I would hear and repeat it back a little bit differently.

For example, the Amazon women in Strider, I still don't know what they're saying, but it sounds like they are saying "Ankle boot dommo!".

You got any whoppers?
                              I was close to you on that one. I thought it said Ankle boot double.

Comment

Working...
                              X