User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Only noticed yesterday that it has a really nice museum mode with a load of artwork and production timelines and making ofs.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    I’m glad it’s awesome. I’m holding out for the delayed JPN version whilst they sort out correct region games.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I keep selecting random characters in SFA3 due to searching for Fei Long and running out of time because he's not there. Still, SFA3 is a good game. It's interesting having SFA and SF3 in the same package to compare why, for the most part, I enjoy the SFA series a lot more even though SF3 is absolutely gorgeous and a great fighter. I think it mostly comes down to the characters. Almost all the characters in the SFA series new to Street Fighter I love, but the same can't be said for a large bunch of the SF3 characters. But I don't think it's just the characters. I have a suspicion that the simpler animation in SFA makes it feel more immediate to me, like I'm in control more even though the level of control is probably the same.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I’m glad it’s awesome. I’m holding out for the delayed JPN version whilst they sort out correct region games.
    Was doing this too, but as it's already 20 I've grabbed one, and if I do still feel the urge, I'll get it on another system when it does reach Japan. It does look really nice though; seeing 3S at a decent resolution with the original UI is a lovely thing, and I've the impression that a lot of the museum files they have curated haven't been seen by many folks before.

What are the filters like on this? And is anyone preferring a filter over the default setting? Emulated scanlines can be great (Battle Garegga on PS4 for example) but they can be pretty awful too.

Two filters - television and arcade and both are pretty good. I have stuck with arcade - I don't know if it really looks more like an arcade monitor than a television screen but it certainly feels familiar to me and looks nice.

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Any idea if this is region free? I've only ever owned the Japanese versions and refuse to play the Western versions with the wrong names and edited art.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Was doing this too, but as it's already 20 I've grabbed one, and if I do still feel the urge, I'll get it on another system when it does reach Japan. It does look really nice though; seeing 3S at a decent resolution with the original UI is a lovely thing, and I've the impression that a lot of the museum files they have curated haven't been seen by many folks before.
    Is that Hori joy-con out yet? Only way I could see myself playing 3S on a Switch, if that.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Any idea if this is region free? I've only ever owned the Japanese versions and refuse to play the Western versions with the wrong names and edited art.
    Depends which version.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by speedlolita View Post
    Is that Hori joy-con out yet? Only way I could see myself playing 3S on a Switch, if that.
    It’s available to import. Handheld mode only though.
    Kept you waiting, huh?