Advice from people who have sold their collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
    QC speak on that og Xbox hdmi please. I believe you have before but a refresher would be nice as to how it looks, thanks
    It's all in this post, RS.

Comment

I think I might have to sell up if a kid comes along.

I'd never sell my CAVE kits when the time comes though.

As for hoarding and collecting, the most clutter I have is the 200 or so CIB US N64 games I have.

I might get an everdrive for that and sell the entire collection in one go to another collector or reseller.

I really do want to streamline what I own. There is a lot of trash in my "collection".

I still have my mint original GBA collection, those don't take up much room. I think I have the best 100 titles for that. I have fond memories of the system and that time in my life, so they will remain. Still my favourite handheld.

I only miss my pristine US SNES collection. AES not so much, because I have the real deal on a cab, which still takes up less space than that AES collection did.

I only regret selling them so cheap. Had I waited until now, I would have a completely different life

Comment

[MENTION=6557]boxhead[/MENTION], I suggest that you make a list of your games and see which ones you would actually want to play now or in the future. Be brutal. Make physical piles of "keep" and "don't keep" if you have to!

I think you will feel much better keeping "just the essentials".

I completely understand what [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] is saying about not impressing anyone with a collection of 700+ Japanese PS2 games, with spines that hardly anyone can read.

It can be therapeutic getting rid of it all. This becomes more apparent the older you get. I am getting there myself. I'm just not quite at that age yet

You might get the itch to collect again, but that soon wanes when you look at current prices, so you don't have to worry about that

I wouldn't even have a wife right now if I held onto my old collection. That's not because she disapproves, but because the process involved with bringing a spouse from certain parts of the world can be incredibly expensive. I had to sell almost everything. The N64 collection would probably have gone too if it was worth anything 10 years ago

I dunno. I'm rambling. Maybe I'll just sell it all and collect wives

Comment

This is why cart only is superior.

Comment

My advice* would be to sell everything bar your most loved systems that always stay set up. You aren't playing most of it, you have emulation if you really want to play something but even then you probably won't so just cash out and free up some space.

*I am unable to to follow my own advise despite owning significantly less games.

Comment

At the end of the day, it's just a interest. I have 2 mates who have a love of cars and spend a insane amount of both time and money on them, they also love going to car shows, reading up on them ECT.. When to me, a car is something that takes you too and from wor.2 of my work colleagues live for Rugby, spent over 10 grand watching the Lions tour down in New Zealand, when I rather watch it on the TV. But I spent loads on football home so can't say much.

Don't think it's nice to poke some fun at one hobby and interests. I would only worry when it starts to take over one life and comes at a cost of friendship and family.

Comment

So no recipts then? Aka you’re just talking ****e as usual eh, [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]

Comment

So no recipts then? Aka you’re just talking ****e as usual eh, [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]
                  I rather talk crap, than insult and call people names. It's only games at the end the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I rather talk crap, than insult and call people names. It's only games at the end the day.
                    Start a beef and then back down like a chicken when pressed... The [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] way!

Still curious about this mythical “PS grudge” that you initially wielded oh so confidently before getting bitch slapped so if you ever find a link to that particular figment of your imagination then feel free to share.

Comment

Comment

I hate this.

Comment

Start a beef and then back down like a chicken when pressed... The [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] way!

Still curious about this mythical “PS grudge” that you initially wielded oh so confidently before getting bitch slapped so if you ever find a link to that particular figment of your imagination then feel free to share.
                          Hardly, but I don't get worked up when people talk up the One X and I don't personally insult people either. Not much more nerdy than getting worked up on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Hardly, but I don't get worked up when people talk up the One X and I don't personally insult people either. Not much more nerdy than getting worked up on a forum.
                            you really are amusing with your whole digital village idiot shtick but I'm bored of you now but I will reiterate (in big ass letters this time in case that helps to get the point across):

Where exactly is my post that started the "PS Grudge" that you ignited this beef with?

I've asked you a few times to back up your statement with a link which you continuously avoid and now you're wittering on about Xbones for some reason? Are you off your meds or something because having something wrong with your head is the only thing that can explain the way you've carried on in this thread in which case I wish you a speedy recovery and hope they find a cure for dementia soon because it appears you've gone off in the deep end here.

Comment

Give it a rest please.

Comment

Who on earth is Spider-man having a rumble with here - tiny-reverse-legs-on-head-atop-a-KFC-bargain-bucket-man?
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X