E3 2018 - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Two of those we've seen loads of though. Spider-Man is out in a couple of months. Hopefully there will be some genuinely new stuff.
    True but still better, at present, than anything Microsoft have got.

Comment

Sony looks to have great exclusives (again) and Nintendo has Smash Bros to show off along with Fortnite for all the cool kids.

MS might have slid Crackdown into 2019 but as people are expecting nothing I think they'll actually do well. It sounds like we're getting Perfect Dark, Cable, Gears of War, Halo 6 and hopefully a few surprises... As in exclusive surprises.

I think it's going to be a solid year all round.

Comment

So far looks like there'll be many a winner.

Comment

Actually I take MS's intention +1 Point and deduct it again. Stripping out the Multiplatforms etc their line up was pretty much:

-Forza Motorsport 4 (Oct)
          -Crackdown 3 (Feb)
          -Gears of War 5 (likely Sept 2019)
          -Battletoads 4 (TBA)
          -Halo: Infinite (TBA)

Slap in a Forza Motorsport 8 next year and it's business as usual and just as dry as ever. It's so dry it makes me feel Halo: Infinite is going to be a cross-gen or Xbox 4 launch title and they'll aim to bury off the XBO at the first chance they have.

Comment

I really liked the look of Forza Horizon 4.

I liked the UK setting and all the bits in Scotland.

I'm hoping to do a powerslide outside of [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]'s virtual house:

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Slap in a Forza Motorsport 8 next year and it's business as usual and just as dry as ever.
              Yep 100% agree. I am surprised when people say MS have had a good showing because as you say it's the same thing again. That they have been doing the past few years. The big criticism of them last year was they had not one, brand new IP on show. And other than maybe arguably Battletoads, they have just just gone and done the same thing...again. I think MS have a great presentation style, and Phil Spencer is a very good host. And I think they are always do well filling the gaps with big multiplatform game announcements.

But ultimately I suppose there probably isn't much else they can do atm without investing $billions on bigger studio buyouts. Spencer tacitly acknowledged the lack of first party content when he talked about games before announcing the studio buyouts.

Comment

From Software - Sekiro looks incredible!

Comment

Sure, but it's coming on PC, PS4 and Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                    Sure, but it's coming on PC, PS4 and Xbox?
                    Then you're all winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                      From Software - Sekiro looks incredible!
                      Yes, I thought that!
                      Looks like a cross between Dark Souls and Tenchu, the latter of which I've been waiting for a decent sequel.
                      Love that zip wire!

Oh and the giant flying eel on the bridge looks interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                        Then you're all winners!
                        Ah OK. Sorry was stuck in previous thought.

Comment

That's the Xbox One X conundrum right there. If it's your primary console and your buying all your multiplatform games on it too then you get your money's worth. If it's more a secondary console bought on hype or hope it showed MS was sorting things out then Ouch, I'd be considering trading it pretty quickly.

Looking back at the XBX and Pro, they're both good machines but given the niche appeal mid-gen refreshes clearly carry to the market I'd be wary of releasing one next gen. If anything Sony and MS should be more focused on Super Slims by now.

I can easily see MS trying to pull a Nintendo Switch now. Launch Xbox 4 in November 2020 and you'd easily be able to have the likes of Halo: Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 at launch and these new studio buys be in a position to roll out software throughout 2021's first twelve months so they have momentum before the drought hits again ala Switch. Could make Xbox 4 vs Playstation 5 a lot hotter competition but pretty much consigns the XBO to its fate.

Comment

That's Princes street in Edinburgh mate, that would have to be one hell of a power slide to reach my house.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I really liked the look of Forza Horizon 4.

I liked the UK setting and all the bits in Scotland.

I'm hoping to do a powerslide outside of @Colin's virtual house:

Comment

So far:

Bethesda > MS > Square Enix > EA

But no slam dunks yet

Comment

Personally I think the winner of E3 is me for resisting writing “I hope this is coming to Switch” in every E3 thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X