No announcement yet.

E3 2018 - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always find it baffling that they wheel out the developers to talk about their games.

I mean, do we really care? Maybe Miyamoto, Kojima and a couple of others, but quite often you're getting people who aren't used to public speaking, talking like a monosyllabic robot.

Like Sy Greenblum:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I always find it baffling that they wheel out the developers to talk about their games.

I mean, do we really care? Maybe Miyamoto, Kojima and a couple of others, but quite often you're getting people who aren't used to public speaking, talking like a monosyllabic robot.
      When done well, there's a sense of honesty to it. A kind of personable feel which I guess is important.

I do think, however, that the main presenter should always be someone who is skilled in such things. The best example this year were when they had devs/business people onstage and in one case, Joseph Gordon-Levitt came on, and Elijah Wood in the other. The Aisha Tyler bits for Ubisoft in previous years showed it too. An actor brings a natural charisma that just lights up the stage; the difference is stark.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] If you watch Ubi again the mic guy has totally been fired!

More than a few instances where mics were left on and you could hear backstagers "you nailed it!" and "they always change my ****ing intro!"

Hilarious!!

Sony's had more than just the tent. There's an area for Tsushima and one for Spider-Man too. I thought the attendees were moving to each area for each 10 minute segment.

Comment

I liked listening to Ashley Speicher, head of engineering at Xbox Game Pass, but that's because I thought she was a cutey.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            @Asura If you watch Ubi again the mic guy has totally been fired!

More than a few instances where mics were left on and you could hear backstagers "you nailed it!" and "they always change my ****ing intro!"
            ****, I thought that was intentional - I heard the chatter but thought it was some kind of bad joke, given the informal nature of much of the presentation
            Last edited by Colin; 13-06-2018, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Sony's had more than just the tent. There's an area for Tsushima and one for Spider-Man too. I thought the attendees were moving to each area for each 10 minute segment.
              They were! That's why there was a delay between them.

Comment

Dreams seems to be winning for Media Molecule, currently my #2 after Spiderman.

Comment

Sony's was the most hilariously hubristic, what with all the nonsense about moving between different tents. Microsoft's I really liked. They actually didn't have that much to show in terms of exclusives, but their approach - one game after another, basically - was spot on as a response to the fact that they are utterly bereft of software. Actual stuff announced by them aside, whoever designed their show was on point.

Comment

Working...
                  X