E3 2018 - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 2018 - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Every E3 post-show talk immediately turns to who 'won' the show. It's a redundant subject in practical terms but chewing up the show's presentation offerings is a time honoured tradition.

When it comes to predicting that outcome before the show begins, unless there's a big shock in store, I imagine many will choose quite obvious orders of outcome. But, widening the scope of 'Winner' to cover any of the 6 or 7 publishers holding an E3 Presentation (so including the likes of Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA etc)...

Who do you think will have the best show this year?

I'm sure I speak for the forum as a whole when I say that clearly Nintendo have already won E3, as they do every year, even before it's started.

If you disagree it's because you unfairly hate Nintendo.

Comment

That's true. Nintendo are simply objectively the best at everything.

I think it will be Sony who come out ahead this year, with Nintendo close behind. If Microsoft have any sense they'll have a quiet E3 this year and next year, let the rest of Bone's primetime life rely on multiplats, and start privately filling their Xbox 2 exclusive software pipeline.

Comment

Microsoft will announce Minecraft Battle Royale and win E3.

Comment

Going to go with MS this year, almost everything will be on Game Pass, Halo Battle Royale along with something available to play and download.......Now!

Comment

MS are going to dominate.
            Every amazing first-party title will be on Games Pass, including about 5 nobody saw coming but have wanted to return for years, all the free-to-play Battle Royale games will run best on the X, every game ever released on the 360 and original Xbox will be backwards compatible, with OutRun 2 for free and each new console bought will be hand delivered by a supermodel of your choice, naked and with free beer.

Everybody will then say "I already have a PS4, thanks. Where was this five years ago, Mr. Teevee Teeve, Water Cooler, sports, sports, teevee?!"

Comment

I only have a Switch right now so will really only be paying attention to what is coming to that. If Animal Crossing or Fallout or almost anything else I like gets announced then Nintendo will have won E3 by a wide margin. Unless Capcom announce they are putting Fei Long back into Alpha 3 on the SF collection, in which case Capcom will win E3.

Comment

Polymega will win E3.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Holy Moly, I actually think this is the first time where I have all three home consoles!

Comment

If Nintendo are the best at everything it means they're the best at being the worst of E3! Flame War Megaton!

Of the Big Three - Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft

Sony are on full cylinders at the moment and little reason to think they won't coast it. Nintendo has the most room for surprises given the desert wasteland the NS release schedule currently is but there's room for it depending on what's announced. Them relying on Smash, Pokémon Go etc is fine but won't personally excite me as they're quite uninteresting games to me. MS - There's just no reason to expect much beyond the usual, they could announce something new but if it takes as long as Crackdown 3 I won't hold my breath.

Mixing in the others, Ubisoft I expect will be solid but predictable, likewise Square and EA will be dull. Bethesda is the most interesting one.

Comment

Sony.

The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Spider-Man.

I mean, by God that's an amazing line-up. Unless you don't like 3rd person narrative driven action games...

Comment

Sony, by miles I predict.

Nintendo will have nothing.

Unless, Microsoft have secretly been developing half a dozen killer looking titles or they've made Xbox VR

Comment

I’d like to say Microsoft , as they appear to have precisely nothing coming beyond Crackdown which juts took another 3 month delay. What has it made room for? They’ve had so many showings that have fallen short of Sony this gem, it feels like they should have accumulated a number of things by now!
                          We know there will be another Forza Horizon and we know there will be another Halo, however if they are to gain back credibility, they really need to do it with games now.
                          They’ve nailed the services and they’ve nailed the hardware, where they trounce the competition, but they are sitting way behind on the games front.
                          I often feel they sit in a little bubble of external project management excitement where they genuinely think that Super Lucky’s Tale as a tick box for making “diverse” experiences is enough to placate the rabid filth of the internet.

I’d like to see some big things we don’t know about.

Same for Sony, they’ve blown their load early with a series of super early announcements, I’d like to see what else they have we don’t already know about. Another set of trailers for games they showed last year won’t cut it, especially as for several of them it will be their 3rd E3 showing .

As for Nintendo
                          I’m looking forward to seeing the rumoured Star Fox racing game and the new Smash Brothers, but hopefully we’ll see some new things too.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Sony.

The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Spider-Man.

I mean, by God that's an amazing line-up. Unless you don't like 3rd person narrative driven action games...
                            Two of those we've seen loads of though. Spider-Man is out in a couple of months. Hopefully there will be some genuinely new stuff.

Comment

Looking forward to the show. Think MS are going to have a fab showing, also looking forward to some more Spiderman. Nintendo will no doubt be lame like usual at E3. Hoping, Ubisoft, Sega and Capcom have a great showing too and I expect they will
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-06-2018, 13:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X