Game of Thrones: The Long Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones: The Long Night

Jane Goldman and GRRM seem to have won the race to make a GOT spin-off with this pitch that will focus on Westeros around 10,000 years before the events of the main show. In the series viewers will find out about the earliest days of the Starks, the creation of the White Walkers and the origins of House Lannister.

I'm assume this all stands out for fans? As a pure series watcher it sounds like they're spitting out the same show that's wrapping up.

Interested by the final season of GOT but my interest likely dies with it.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 01-11-2018, 07:25.

Last year's season felt very rushed to me. I hope the final season isn't the like that.

Comment

Comment

If it turns out that humans in Westeros were living in castles and dividing themselves into houses 10,000 years ago, you'd think someone would've invented engines, microchips etc by the GoT era.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Interested by the final season of GOT but my interest likely dies with it.
          I have a theory that this is why the last season is delayed; I think they wanted to get a headstart on this spinoff stuff, because everyone watching the show just wants to see the end.

Comment

Can we call it Pregame of Thrones?

Comment

Or System Update of Thrones, because that's how games are these days.

Comment

Naomi Watts has been announced as one of the stars of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” prequel series pilot. Specifics of her character are under wraps, but she has been said to play a “charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.” Taking place thousands of years before the events of ‘Thrones,’ the project hails from beloved scribe […]

Naomi Watts has been announced as the first lead cast to the prequel show

Comment

“Poldark” actor Josh Whitehouse has scored a key role in the upcoming “Game of Thrones” prequel spin-off series on HBO. There are no details on the character he’s playing other than it’s a key one, but it is NOT the central male lead. He marks the second bit of casting on the series following yesterday’s […]

Poldark actor Josh Whitehouse has been cast in the first male role of the show whilst it's also been revealed that the spin off remains untitled but currently Martin's favourite option is The Long Night

Comment

Please Mr Martin, just finish the next book. It is extremely hard to avoid spoilerifics from the show. I have done well on my self imposed blackout since season 3 but Im not sure how long my luck will last.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      It is extremely hard to avoid spoilerifics from the show.
                      What's going on? Are the show's writers privy to and adding things from the next book while he's still writing it?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        What's going on? Are the show's writers privy to and adding things from the next book while he's still writing it?
                        One assumes that at least some of the plot points are the same between books and show based upon the first few series. The show is well past where we are in the books. We are still awaiting the penultimate book. And consider that the final (?) book is most likely another 5 or even more years away after that

Comment

I think I'm now in the camp that he isn't actually writing the book in an active manner anymore and that his interests in the show etc have winded his interest in pushing them out

Comment

Maybe he's writing the end of it vicariously through the TV show writers!

I've been reading up and apparently he's divulged a lot of the plans and strands to the show writers that they've been using in the later seasons. So yeah, spoilerific!

Comment

Working...
                            X