Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk to me about The King of Fighters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, as far as KOF goes, anything Orochi Saga (95-97 but generalized to be 94-98) is when the franchise was at its greatest.

NESTS Saga (99-2001) is when it started to lose its lustre IMO and when I pretty much stopped playing it.

Comment

The King of Fighters?... Why that'd be Street Fighter Alpha 2 of course

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        The King of Fighters?... Why that'd be Street Fighter Alpha 2 of course
        Alpha 3 plays a superior game though.

Comment

Not on the Snes though!

Plus!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Not on the Snes though!

Plus!

LOL. The SNES port of SFA2 doesn't get the respect it deserves. Best port of the game? Not by miles, but still a fine achievement by Capcom to cram it all onto a SNES cart.

Also, I would take the Dramatic Battle mode with Ryu & Ken vs. Vega in SFZ1 over the Ryu vs. Sagat stage in SFA2 anyday, not least because it actually plays the music used in the Ryu/Ken vs. Vega fight scene from the SF2 anime.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              it actually plays the music used in the Ryu/Ken vs. Vega fight scene from the SF2 anime.
              Hah, I honestly didn't know it did that. I've only seen it in screenshots.

But does it use the Japanese version's music or the American version's music? As the SF2 anime is weird like that. In some ways I really prefer the American one, mainly for the Chun Li fight scene.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] Street Fighter Zero's Dramatic Battle mode uses the music from the Japanese version of the anime.

Comment

Working...
                X