Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk to me about The King of Fighters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about The King of Fighters...

I'm a big Neo fan but have never really given any of these the time. Now I've got something decent to play them on I'm wondering where to start? I'm a decent(ish) Street Fighter player, but know this is a different kettle of fish. So any recommendations? Cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Start with 96! It's nice and beefy!

Comment

98 is the only one you need!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
        Start with 96! It's nice and beefy!
        I do like a slab of beef, any other reason it's the one to go for? I'm assuming it's fairly deep otherwise it wouldn't have persisted so long.

I have tried '98 before but felt a bit like I needed something a little bit more ground level first.

Comment

This thread says it better than I can

the "most unique" kof ever... it doesnt feel like "oldschool" KOF, KOF 94/95 it doesnt feel like like "standard" KOF, KOF97,98,2002, it doesnt feel like strikerfest KOF99-2001 it's not "new" KOF either KOF2003/XI it's kinda like, the special child of the series, the character physics are...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
            This thread says it better than I can

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...something-else
            I could feel the hate eminating from the website linked above even before I clicked on it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                I could feel the hate eminating from the website linked above even before I clicked on it
                Embrace the seriousness of it all and don't have an opinion that deviates from the accepted law and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  Avira safe search told me to stay away.

Comment

I jumped straight in with ‘98, but admittedly that character select screen can be a little overwhelming if it’s your first time... watch some videos on YouTube to see if there’s any characters that particularly take your fancy.

Comment

I struggled when asked to pick more than 1character!

Comment

I find them all abit rubbish tbh; hard to link combos and abit wooden, which as the series progressed, evolved into as much as a milking franchise as COD. Like the backgrounds though.....

Comment

98 is a firm favourite but I've always loved 94, original withvsll it's flaws but good none the less

Comment

To be honest, I know the standard answer is to say '98, but I've always liked '99 & 2003.

Comment

It's ok to say that here. 99 is the first one I played (only one I had) and after a bit it grew on me. Much prefer the last blade games though.

Comment

Working...
                              X