Capcom Home Arcade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    WOW what a difference a little update can make. The lag is gone and this is bloody brilliant and gives the arcade experience loving playing Progear
    Capcom are lucky there's such a thing as updates.

Has it got decent scanlines?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

There's no scanline option yet. I've asked for one though

People are being too negative about this. I really like it. I pre-ordered and there was an update immediately that fixed most of the probs. I've only read one negative review so far. 80% really like it. The games are great

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        You got a 'Screen Fit' option on your telly? 16:9 on some tellies can cut off the top n' bottom of the screen.

'Issues' with a £200 twin-joystick device with 16 20+yr old ROMs on it??? Funk dat.

£200. Well, £199. It's a LOT of dough when you got no dough.

It's...lamentable. I really wanted to covet this thing but I want it like I want a snood (I've never wanted a snood).

It is a delusion. Bottom line.
        Thanks, yes it might be that because my supergun does that too on some games. I assumed it was the supergun before

Comment

No, hopefully that comes latter . Now the Lag is gone this unit is utterly brilliant and gives you the real Arcade feel . The game selection is fab too, I never even knew about ProGear or Sports Club and they are ace !!!

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
            There's no scanline

I can't stand the way retro games look on an LCD without decent scanlines -- even in 1080p.

Comment

I can't stand the way retro games look on an LCD without decent scanlines -- even in 1080p.
              It's up scales and outputs to 1080p it doesn't look as bad as you think . If I was that bothered I could always run it through the Framemister

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                It's up scales and outputs to 1080p it doesn't look as bad as you think .
                It probably looks fine if you're more than 6 feet away from the screen. I'm sure it doesn't look "bad", but I really like having decent scanlines to help make retro games look similar to how they look on a CRT.

Love the 'hybrid scanlines' on the Super NT.

I've seen an 'HDMI scanline generator' on Ebay for around £20, so that might work well with this arcade stick.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-11-2019, 19:08.

Comment

Hopefully this will get hacked but I can't see it. Too expensive and the install base will be small.

It just needs a way to exit to the menu without rebooting the entire system and some way to access DIP switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    Hopefully this will get hacked but I can't see it. Too expensive and the install base will be small.

It just needs a way to exit to the menu without rebooting the entire system and some way to access DIP switches.
                    Agree about the menu, but the reason there are no dip switches or save states is so that the high score competition is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
                      Agree about the menu, but the reason there are no dip switches or save states is so that the high score competition is fair.
                      That's an easy issue to cover though. All they need to do is add a bit if code which disables high score uploads if save states are used.

To be honest though, I don't see the appeal in this device. The mini consoles have appeal because they look like mini versions of our favourite machines but this doesn't. A Pandora's box Arcade stick plays all Capcom CPS 1 2 and 3 games perfectly plus hunders more and can access dip switch options, configure controls and make "play lists" or how about a MAME PC?

Thing is, this isn't even made by Capcom, its a licensed product so I don't even get the genuine Capcom hardware vibe from owning it unlike say a true CPS console.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post

"Yeah, but you can't reset a cab!" meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          That's an easy issue to cover though. All they need to do is add a bit if code which disables high score uploads if save states are used.

To be honest though, I don't see the appeal in this device. The mini consoles have appeal because they look like mini versions of our favourite machines but this doesn't. A Pandora's box Arcade stick plays all Capcom CPS 1 2 and 3 games perfectly plus hunders more and can access dip switch options, configure controls and make "play lists" or how about a MAME PC?

Thing is, this isn't even made by Capcom, its a licensed product so I don't even get the genuine Capcom hardware vibe from owning it unlike say a true CPS console.
                          Yes that's a good point. I think maybe the FBAlpha licence being misold to them have given them a lot less time to do anything like that. It's clear they are are still fixing issues with emulation now rather than adding anything extra.

Personally I love mine so far and I am able to see it as a Capcom console. So I guess it just comes down to preference. I like the huge Capcom logo and how bold and bright it looks and they really got the controls right and didn't go for cheap parts. The software isn't 100% perfect yet but hoping that will be fixed. I have already spent a long time playing Ghouls n Ghosts on mine and I own the original PCB! I like the High score competition idea too. It's like old arcades. At least people can't cheat (at the moment anyway!)

I got a Neo Geo mini and I like it as a novelty item but it really felt like a cheap piece of moulded plastic with a poor joystick on there. And it had terrible video output. So that didn't feel like a 90s SNK console to me. At least the Capcom one gets things right at a base hardware level

Comment

Will this work on an older Bravia that has a resolution limit of 720p?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Will this work on an older Bravia that has a resolution limit of 720p?
                              I don't know for sure but it seems to be 1080p only as far as I can tell. You could ask if they would add a 720p option via update

From the manual:

Choose from 3 resolutions (in-game only) by moving the P1 Joystick and selecting the option with a press of
                              any button.

Original: 1440 x 1080
                              Full: 1880 x 1080
                              Wide: 1920x1080 (Default)

Additionally each resolution has an option to smooth the image.

Comment

I seem to recall that 720p televisions could accept a 1080p signal, but obviously it would be downscaled. But probably depends how old it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X