The Elder Scrolls VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elder Scrolls VI

Taking their sweet time, the follow up to the immense hit Skyrim is now confirmed but still a long way off. It's in early production meaning we're likely looking at an ES-less generation this time out with next gen consoles in mind.

Pleased to see this announced. I knew it was going to be a long way off, but the disappointment still hit home pretty strongly when they said this would come after their next major RPG. We are literally about 7 years away from this. <sigh>

Comment

I predict I will be playing this in some sort of VR ; I can only imagine how good will the tech be in a few years......very exciting but I hope it's not 7 years away!

Comment

By the time this comes out there will be another 50 mods on pc Skyrim making it look 10 times better than this new one.

Comment

They should really re-evaluate their stance on outsourcing. It was only ego that led to the New Vegas bad blood.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            By the time this comes out there will be another 50 mods on pc Skyrim making it look 10 times better than this new one.
            I honestly don't know how people have the stamina to keep replaying Skyrim. I played it to death on release and did pretty much everything. I can't be bothered to do it again. I don't feel I'd be able to wring much more out of it really, great as it is.

I wish they'd at least done some further expansions or something.

Comment

Speculation that the game will be set in Hammerfell

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I honestly don't know how people have the stamina to keep replaying Skyrim. I played it to death on release and did pretty much everything. I can't be bothered to do it again. I don't feel I'd be able to wring much more out of it really, great as it is.

I wish they'd at least done some further expansions or something.
                You've kind of spoiled the game playing it like that. Default Skyrim is like God Mode for non-gamers. You start the game as a killing machine and things only become sillier as the levels roll in, which they do at a frantic rate. By the time you've seen maybe a fifth of the game content you're hitting maximum level where everything is going to be a cake walk, on top of that already being the case with the enemy level scaling. The other four fifths of the game are going to be routine quest sweeping, rather than pretty intense dungeon crawling.

Play with any of the gameplay overhauls, Requiem, Morrowloot Ultimate, etc. and these issues are addressed. I'm always eager to delve into interesting new builds whenever I start a new game, and I'm not even one of those guys that plays nothing else but Skyrim.

Comment

Trouble is, I don't have any way to play a modded version of the game. Skyrim is ridiculously easy I agree. You're OP from the very start. I did greatly enjoy the ~250 hours I spent doing everything though - on a PS3 no less, so by the end it was about 15fps!

I think I'm just frustrated as I'm craving TES, but have nothing new to play for many years yet!

Comment

According to Bethesda, we shouldn't be expecting functional ladders and seamless interior/exterior transitions anytim...

Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI won't be on new game engines and will instead continue to use the one Bethesda has utilised since Morrowind

Comment

Looking forward to the upside down heads already.

Comment

So they'll be a half finished mess then. The terrifying glitches are scarier than any crypt.

Comment

Count me out. Not another penny from me until I read a review that says it's good, has actually progressed the series (Oblivion and Skyrim did not IMO) and isn't broken as ****.

Comment

Unless it's online only, I'm in day one. I'll likely end up double or triple dipping. I eventually bought Skyrim 5 times!

Comment

Whatever console this is on better have a fast boot up for all the times I'll be forced to restart it.

Comment

Working...
                              X