Doom V: Eternal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fifth Doom entry is official and on its way. The game is referred to as Hell on Earth which the trailer suggests is literally the case. The game is expected to have a fuller showcase at Gamescom later in the year. This one is likely to hit in the coming year or so.

I'm not anywhere near finishing the last one. But it's a really good game. It would be a while before I'd jump into more but I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Well, Louise Redknapp is pretty tasty with a BFG9000 and Vernie Bennett knows how to Rocket Jump but Easther Bennett and Kéllé Bryan aren't going to last long with fists against Cacodemon.

Oh wait, that's V for "5" not V for "Versus"...

Comment

That joke belongs in the retro section, QC.

Comment

Definitely in for more Doom. I thought the reboot was excellent. This looks like more of the same but that's OK with me. It deserves a sequel that builds on what they created with the 2016 game.

Comment

Gameplay footage is in the link and iD have confirmed it's coming to Switch too

Comment

Looks mega

Comment

Can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  That joke belongs in the retro section, QC.
                  Based on that joke, I think QC should be in the retro section.

Comment

Doom Eternal delayed to March 2020 - id Software pushes back game launch into packed Q1 "to live up to our standards of speed and polish"; Switch version postponed further - GI.biz

id Software's idea of heaven can wait. The studio today announced that Doom Eternal, the first-person shooter sequel that shows the traditionally hell-bound franchise's alternative afterlife, has been pushed back to a March 20 release date.
                    Additionally, the Switch version of the game has been delayed even further, as has the Invasion mode where a player can enter another's game as a playable demon. There's no new release window for the Switch edition of Doom Eternal, but the Invasion mode for other versions will be added to the game as a free update "shortly after launch."

Comment

I'm a little gutted about this, seeing as it was the main game I wanted to buy this year but I can wait.
                      Last edited by Cepp; 09-10-2019, 12:45.

Comment

Gutting was looking forward to this.Looks like another baron Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          Gutting was looking forward to this.Looks like another baron Christmas
                          Gutted as well. I was so looking forward too this. Yeah another baron Christmas and another mental spring

Comment

Curious as to why it slipped. Was it behind schedule, scope creep, poor feedback from playtesting, a change in monetisation or moving to the end of the financial year to improve results. Or combination thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              Curious as to why it slipped. Was it behind schedule, scope creep, poor feedback from playtesting, a change in monetisation or moving to the end of the financial year to improve results. Or combination thereof.
                              Gonna call it: I think it will slip again, and will be a launch wave title for PS5. They just don't want to say that right now as that would involve it slipping out of this FY and that would look bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X