No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game changer. I just bought a shield and Geforce Now is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Project xCloud revealed... so no need for a next-gen Xbox right?...

I suppose if you don't care about native pixel resolution, HDR , surround sound etc.
      I'm hoping whatever tech is driving this allows you to use your own machine as a host too.

Comment

Apparently Microsoft is buying Obsidian Entertainment...

Comment

The xCloud annoys me slightly. MS sees a future where gaming is everywhere regardless of target screen... But still locks game streaming over LAN to windows 10 devices. Bit of a contradiction, and whilst there is an iOS app now that can do it there is nothing similar for Android.

They need to get with the times and make it native through the Xbox app on all OS.

Comment

Well, this is certainly a surprise. Xbox has been the bumbling underdog of the eighth console generation, playing catch-up to Sony's PlayStation 4 and watching from a distance as the Nintendo Switch reignited the passion of video game fans worldwide. However, over the past five years, Microsoft has doggedly climbed its way out of a PR and reputation pit with items like the Xbox One X and the Adaptive Controller as well as its public support of cross-console play. Today, Microsoft is better positioned than any other video game company to take control of the coming hardware cycle, which is expected to kick off in 2020.

Err... no?

Comment

Jesus... I wonder how much Microsoft paid for that piece?

Comment

I tell you what they aren't dominating, and that's the Sales. The countdown sale (I assume this is thier Xmas sale) is up (here) and I can't see much there for me. Tbf the Xmas PSN sale is up too, and that's no better for me either (weaker discounts on Spidey for example).

But as an aside why doesn't the Microsoft Store frontend for Xbox allow wishlisting? I really use that feature on PSN/Steam.

EDIT: And also Inside is £8, Limbo £2. But bundled together they are £12.
                Last edited by Digfox; 21-12-2018, 10:06.

Comment

The store on Xbox does allow you to create a wishlist. It's the heart icon on the right hand side of a games page.

Comment

I meant through a browser on a PC, which is how I do 99% of my shopping. I can't see any wishlist option.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      I meant through a browser on a PC, which is how I do 99% of my shopping. I can't see any wishlist option.
                      It's also on the PC XBox App too.

Comment

Thank you, and ignore me - I must have had a code 18 moment. You can wishlist from the browser :/

That said you have to actually click on the 'Coundown' link > opens new tab, then click on the game itself > opens new tab, where you can click on wishlist. With the PSN store you can click the heart on the cover art without ever having to leave the search results to quickly add items to your wishlist (which is also right next to the buy button).

But either way I missed that you couldn't do it through the browser or Microsoft store. There is a chance UBlock Origin/Privacy Badger add-ons blocked it but I don't think so.
                        Last edited by Digfox; 22-12-2018, 12:10.

Comment

Been playing Ori and the Blind Forest as it's now on Game Pass. What a fabulous platformer! Do yourself a favour and give it a go.

Comment

I've had enough of the Xbox again.

It's a nice piece of kit (the One X) but I've used it more for UHD discs than anything else.

Looking at games too even with the fact that the X is more powerful for multiformat releases I haven't actually played that many. It's all been PS4 exclusives like Spidey and Tetris.

Selling here
                            Last edited by teddymeow; 24-12-2018, 19:48.

Comment

Anyone got any recommendations for decent third-party play and charge kits? Or am I better off getting the official MS one?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                                Anyone got any recommendations for decent third-party play and charge kits? Or am I better off getting the official MS one?
                                Go for the MS ones IMO they last longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X