No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed Forza Horizon 4 pre-orders are live. And the Ultimate Bundle is £79.99 (other prices are £49.99 & £64.99).

What I have noticed is that the highest tier of the game includes more this time. Apart from the usual VIP Pass, pre-order items and Car Pass (somewhere between 40-50% of the full cars sold as add-ons), they are including 2 expansions. FH2 or FH3 didn't do this. It might be that they plan more expansions or will increase the aggressiveness of their monitisation to offset including the expansions.

I would buy GamePass but realistically FH4 is one of the few games I want to play on the service, and as someone that plods through games rather than storm through them GP doesn't really suit me.

Comment

Games are becoming ridiculous. Red dead is 90 quid ffs.

Comment

I enjoy the Horizon expansions but not enough to go out my way with full £. Paying £80 for the Ultimate is still £30 for the expansions and filler guff. I've never felt any need or appeal to any DLC Forza games have thrown out there, always felt like completionist milking with the exception of the expansions.

With Horizon 4 I'm more than happy to set time aside for a week and cane it with the free 7 day trial.

Comment

For the FM series on XBO series I've held off and bought the game in the sales. But with both the last two FH series I cracked and bought at release. Ideally I need to wait even just until Xmas and get it at discount. I don't mind more expensive games as long as the microtransactions and business fair and doesn't impact the design or game (which as we know for most games does).

I think FH4, RDR2 and The Division 2 are the ones it is going to be hard not to cave in at release. Even if for the latter two it might be a good idea.

Comment

Microsoft says it has no Xbox-specific plans for virtual or mixed reality, reversing an earlier commitment to putting VR on its gaming console.

Another indicator for the future plans of MS. Seems they've cancelled all plans for Xbox relating to anything VR.

Comment

It's a game pass game, so that may be less of a concern

Comment

Shame, as the one X could do VR quite nicely I imagine and they could use existing oculus or vice controllers. They just need mixed reality headset drivers ported to Xbox, port some games and they're done. This does put them in a good position though of being able to add vr support to Xbox at any moment should they feel it's worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Games are becoming ridiculous. Red dead is 90 quid ffs.
                  Innit. My PlayStation Store front page looks like the price list for an import shop from the 90's.

Admittedly, those insane prices are super deluxe editions but it's funny how things have developed over the past few years.

Comment

To play devil's advocate slightly, games were £40 each back in the early 90s, so inflation has been relatively kind. Plus, games like The Division, Souls, etc, etc offer 100s of hours of gameplay. That to me is worth the basic cost of a game plus a season pass, if you're a big enough fan of course

Comment

Everyone should by RDR2 base version and skip all DLC and Season content for the game. As a bonus for doing so I guarantee Rockstar will release GTA6 sooner!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        To play devil's advocate slightly, games were £40 each back in the early 90s, so inflation has been relatively kind. Plus, games like The Division, Souls, etc, etc offer 100s of hours of gameplay. That to me is worth the basic cost of a game plus a season pass, if you're a big enough fan of course
                        I remember the likes of SF II being £60 on the Snes in Woolworths in the 90's for an official Pal copy, never mind paying £70 for Turok on the N64. Costs of games have gone down, if anything. Its not like one needs to buy extra content, most games takes hours and hours to complete even with none of the season pass extra content.

It just seems people like to bitch about anything to do with modern gaming these days,

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          It's the more the fact the game is often rammed with insidious microtransactions. More expensive games isn't the biggest problem.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          Everyone should by RDR2 base version and skip all DLC and Season content for the game. As a bonus for doing so I guarantee Rockstar will release GTA6 sooner!
                          Yeeha! You just know they are going to sell millions of their 'rootin 'tootin gold lootboxes day one, don't you? Gold rush literally for Rockstar. But yea if no one bought any microtransactions then Rockstar would have to make and release games again.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 26-06-2018, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                            It's the more that fact the game is often rammed with insidious microtransactions that's the issue. More expensive games isn't the biggest problem.
                            It's not like one got to buy them. Most games these days come in at £50 or cheaper. Most MD and Snes games cost at least that much, even more for most Snes games back in the day £55 (and that's before we factor in inflation) . That's to look over how most 16 bit games could be finished in a matter of hours or one sitting too

Also seem to remember the Pal gamer in the 16 bit days, hoping we could get those Special editions, that Japan only seemed to get. Now we get them, people bitch about that too :P

Comment

[MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] There will always be things to moan about. We never will likely be in a perfect world. Not getting special editions, games being sold in multiple versions, or overly egregious microtransactions are all or were valid complaints.

Comment

Don't confuse having a "bitch" with a healthy wariness of modern practices in gaming.

As I played 360 Import Tuner Challenge last night, I thought how nice it was I was playing a whole game, and not being bombarded with in-game purchases, season passes or loot boxes.

As always, I love your enthusiasm for current gen TA, but we shouldn't just lap up everything they feed us.
                                That's why EA had their tail between their legs at E3 (can you remember any other time someone said "we got it wrong"?) and Star War BFII is a tenner only seven months after release.

As Asura succinctly said in the Switch thread:
                                Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Nintendo are just arbitrarily asking people to pay, which they're absolutely entitled to do; it's their product - but similarly I'm able to decide whether or not that is worth my money.
                                If you don't like something about a game, speak with your wallet.

Comment

Working...
                                X