Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Xbox One X Becomes First Device to Support HDMI 2.1

"The $499 Xbox One X gaming console will sport new HDMI 2.1 features like Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) in an upcoming firmware update.

Variable Refresh Rate will match the refresh rate of the connected display with the graphics output of the console, helping prevent screen tearing and instead providing smooth visuals. Auto Low Latency Mode checks the TV for a suitable "Game Mode" or a similar setting (often available on modern HDTVs) and automatically switches to that mode in order to prevent input lag while applying image processing.

There is one small caveat to new release: If a customer has an Xbox One X, they also need a TV that is HDMI 2.1 compliant."

Comment

This is pretty big deal. Although will devs start to look further than 60fps next gen? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        This is pretty big deal. Although will devs start to look further than 60fps next gen? I hope so.
        I don't think so. Becuase 120/144/240hz tech at 4k/UHD is ridiculous prices and therefore not mainstream. And even with generational leap in CPUs coming a lot of games will still be dynamic resolution or struggling to hit more than 30fps. Although the tech might transition over at some point I can't help but think 100hz plus displays will be the realm of the PC for a while yet. I could see mobile tech getting this sooner.
        Last edited by Digfox; 08-08-2018, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Ha. Good joke Dave.

On another note, what a total snooze of an announcement of a feature 2 people will use.

Shall we make some exclusive games that will entice people to actually get involved with the console guys? Na, add another pointless hardware feature.

Yawn.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-08-2018, 13:03.

Comment

Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary are both coming to BC.

Comment

I’m still recovering from the shock, but I went and bought myself a One S today MS can thank Cuphead, Ori, NieR: Automata and backwards compatibility for this one. Also needed a PAL BD player as my PS3 is North American. Got the following games (had already bought a most of these on my launch One which I later sold):

Catherine
              Cuphead
              D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die
              Deadly Premonition
              DuckTales Remastered
              Guardian Heroes
              Hard Corps: Uprising
              Jet Set Radio HD
              Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
              Panzer Dragoon Orta
              NieR Automa: Become as Gods Edition
              Rare Replay

Will buy when released:

11-11: Memories Retold
              Metal Wolf Chaos XD
              Ori and the Will of the Wisps
              Resident Evil 2 Remake
              Shenmue I & II
              Shenmue III (depending on how it’s received)

Comment

Just organised delivery to my site for Hollywood bowl,a Halo fireteam raven arcade machine.They are assembling it now.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

Earth Defense Force 2025 is now backwards compatible!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    BREAKING NEWS!

Earth Defense Force 2025 is now backwards compatible!

~£40 on the Norwegian store

Comment

£40 well spent!

Could you not get a second-hand copy?

Comment

Yeah, could.. gonna keep my Xbox stuff digital only for now. Was just surprised by the price tag, thought 360 games were usually much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          Just organised delivery to my site for Hollywood bowl,a Halo fireteam raven arcade machine.They are assembling it now.
                          Is that for the one in Cardiff Bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Is that for the one in Cardiff Bay?
                            Yes mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              You run Hollywood Bowl in Cardiff Bay?

Comment

Working...
                              X