No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Metroid Prime. Feeling like I've got pretty much a full set of upgrades now, along with a decent amount of energy and missile upgrades too. My progress is being slightly hampered by a nearly dead GameCube but I think I've found a nice looking replacement which should be here early to mid week.

Also been playing R-Type Delta which I've never played before but is absolutely class. Pretty challenging though. I was never great at the R-Type types.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Like Wave Race I don't think it's been bettered. It's pretty much the definitive snowboarding game.
      Perfect snowboarding game, once you turn the music off in the options menu

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        once you turn the music off in the options menu
        "Work your body, w-work your body ..."

Comment

Been messing about on my Amstrad PC2086, trying my hand at Akalabeth. I need to visit Lord British in his castle to properly start the game but placement seems to be random and I haven't found it yet!

Comment

My wife flew back to Canada for 12 days this morning, I'm still off work (technically working fom home ) so I might be posting a lot in here. Today I had fairly lengthy plays of:

Bubble Bobble. Still one of my all time faves, but I'm obviously a bit rusty despite having played the ACA one on PS4 a lot. Did one decent run, just over lvl 60 but was failing in the 40's most times.

Osman. I'd always wanted to have a bash at this as I've always been a big Strider fan. Can't say it really clicked with me though.

Robocop. I can remember that I was able to one life clear this back when it was in the arcades. Clearly getting old has put an end to that though, couldn't get anywhere near!

Tatsujin Oh. Just because, you know, I hadn't had enough of being given a lesson for one day.

Comment

Blazing Lazers. Had to turn it off because I just couldn't seem to die.

It'd be an amazing game if it was a bit more of a challenge. Went back to R-Type.

Comment

Beat Akalabeth, or rather, I did everything you can do in it by killing the Balrog. Switching over to a Mage and using the magic amulet made progress much quicker since it allows you to easily warp to floor entrances and exits. Overall a very cool game, simple and archaic but also quite compelling despite its age.

Comment

Redoing Xbox Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood on harder difficulty.

Flawed game both in terms of gameplay and technical failings, annoying AI in all respects (reminds me of everything wrong with that aspect of Mass Effect) but as a squad based WW2 FPS unique (?) and despite those problems still a very playable game. Its heart is in the right place too.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Tatsujin Oh. Just because, you know, I hadn't had enough of being given a lesson for one day.
                    Incredibly tough game! Great soundtrack though

Comment

Turok 2 on Xbox One X. Bloody great. Might grab the Forsaken remaster next.

Comment

Hacha Mecha Fighter. Spent more time playing this today than I maybe should have. It's an oddball cute 'em up that I couldn't help thinking @importaku would at least enjoy aesthetically.

Not that tough, not that great a shooter, yet I still found myself playing it through. **** knows why.

Comment

Hacha Mecha Fighter. Spent more time playing this today than I maybe should have. It's an oddball cute 'em up that I couldn't help thinking @importaku would at least enjoy aesthetically.

Not that tough, not that great a shooter, yet I still found myself playing it through. **** knows why.
                          I like this game (got the pcb) . Not NMK's best, but it's so pretty!

It's actually a very hard game to 1cc, so you must be more skilled than most!
                          [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], please try a game called Rapid Hero - it's NMK's best shooter - one of my top 5!

Comment

Well i do enjoy a good shooter wether cute or otherwise, my fave for totally silly shooters (beside parodius) is Akkanvader the beginning always cracks me up every time with the enemies all pretending to be original space invaders by voicing their sound effects before the lights go up and they reveal their proper silly forms.

Comment

Finally cracked a boss in Metroid Prime who took a little while to work out and take down: Omega Pirate. No idea how far I am through the game but it feels like it's getting close to the end ... may be completely wrong though

Pretty substantial game. Some of the puzzles are ace.

Comment

I'm at what must be the end of Metroid Prime and Ridley's killing me. Just that last sliver of health takes forever to whittle away. I've got retro boss rage.

Comment

Working...
                                X