User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Yet NOBODY will have anything bad to say against Nintendo.
    That's because they make awesome games and continue to produce hardware.

I really don't get why you get so mad at Nintendo in every thread. Just move on and enjoy your other games. Life is too short to be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    why is the version on the left much better in terms of lighting and detail than the one on the right?
    Gonna guess the one on the left is a screen grab from a well lit stage, vs the one on the right being from a poverty stream and blown up some.

RIP snakes ass.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    That's because they make awesome games and continue to produce hardware.

I really don't get why you get so mad at Nintendo in every thread. Just move on and enjoy your other games. Life is too short to be a bitch.
    And the idea that nobody will have anything bad to say about Nintendo is false each and every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Gonna guess the one on the left is a screen grab from a well lit stage, vs the one on the right being from a poverty stream and blown up some.
    Nah, check out the Nintendog in the trailer. It looks flat; the shaders look unfinished. I really hope that's gonna improve.

Tons of new/returning tech. This is going to play VERY differently from Smash 4. Hopefully they also widen the stage boundaries and maybe speed things up just a tad. They seem to be streamlining a lot of the excessive animations already.

I'm wondering if Assists will be used in tournament play?

Genuine questions: Where does Smash go from here? What more can possibly be done to it?

I would argue that the very fact this has been called "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" as opposed to "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch" or whatever would suggest that Sakurai-san and co. at Nintendo are well aware that the franchise is pretty much at its peak now, especially in terms of the fanservice which is obviously the USP here.

They can add that character you like. It's basically the Funko Pop of fighting games now. Just chuck more IP at it and there will be people to buy it.

I feel like Smash is at the same point as Mario Kart where they're in a solid place but the key to their future lies with the DLC Mario Kart did. Mario Kart 9 would be great just by having cross franchise racers from the off along with tracks etc to break away from the Mario settings.

Smash, to move away from the existing character choices as though Ultimate is a send off. There's so many other Nintendo characters they could use and choices for backgrounds etc but the series has found itself getting into a very repetitive line of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Genuine questions: Where does Smash go from here? What more can possibly be done to it?
    More realistic graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    but the series has found itself getting into a very repetitive line of thought.
    This is a good thing when it comes to fighting games. When it comes to SF, VF or Tekken people want more of the same - not re-inventions. This is why SF had so many spin-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    They can add that character you like. It's basically the Funko Pop of fighting games now. Just chuck more IP at it and there will be people to buy it.
    If we're honest, they probably can't just add more characters - everybody relevant from the Nintendo universe is already there and they would surely have to be at a point where trademark rights have to be proving to be a genuine obstacle to adding more third-party characters. And that's discounting that the novelty wears off at some point, surely?

That said, I'm kinda surprised that everybody's favourite indie gaming slut poster-child Shovel Knight isn't in the roster from the off but DLC could always fix that I guess.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-06-2018 at 11:46 AM.