User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @dataDave More realistic graphics will almost certainly be Smash's shark-jumping moment.

Until Nintendo makes an entry with 4x4 from Stunt Race FX as a playable fighter they still have room for characters, if Sega can do it with a Daytona car...

Smash can easily have new fighters, there's so many existing ones they could cull

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post

Smash can easily have new fighters
    Like who? Name them, because I think we all know that at best they would be more Fire Emblem "beautiful people with huge swords" characters (waiting for the backlash from that last sentence! )

I don't think culling characters is an option - bringing back the Ice Climbers, Wolf O'Donnell and Solid Snake shows that imo.

there's so many existing ones they could cull
    Not without upsetting at least a million people there isn't.

Bowsers' kids? Are they in it? What about the Wabbit thing from NSMB? Or they could just get stuff from other publishers again. The full cast of Cool Boarders perhaps.

if Sega can do it with a Daytona car...
    Only they didn't 'do it', really. That game sold poorly, the Saturn failed, and as a result Sega died. I think it's probably best to leave out the Stunt Race crew.

They could throw in some ARMS fighters, at least. They've not even bothered with any Amiibo for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Bowsers' kids? Are they in it? What about the Wabbit thing from NSMB? Or they could just get stuff from other publishers again. The full cast of Cool Boarders perhaps.
    Bowser's Koopalings are all selectable skins for Bowser Jr., which is probably the right way to do it.

Nabbit would probably be better as a trophy or an Assist at best, no?

Cool Boarders? And ignore the 1080/WaveRace crew??
    Even then, they're a bit too real-life for Smash, surely?

Plenty of characters who could be added. Everyone who is in MK* who isn't already in Smash Bros. Those Rabbid things. More Square FF characters**, Kratos from GoW***, the Ape Escape apes and the Monkey Ball monkeys (are they in it already? They should be). Monkeys in general. Everyone from Kingdom Hearts. Phoenix Wright and his buddies. Professor Layton. Deckard from Blade Runner. One of the Belmonts from Castlevania. All of the Belmonts from Castlevania. The Ouendan crew. Somebody from some zombie game, probably doesn't matter who as long as their special moves involve zombies - maybe a RE character****

I could go on. They really would never run out of characters to add. Sure, some would be tricky to negotiate but there are plenty more that won't be. If they could get Snake and Cloud in there, they can get others and keep on doing it.

*Mario Kart, although you could include Mortal Kombat if you wanted.

**Final Fantasy, although if you want the Fantastic Four then just knock yourself out.

***God of War, although if they can negotiate some characters from Gears of War then why not?

****Resident Evil, although if you think a character from your religion education class could fit then that's worth a shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Plenty of characters who could be added. Everyone who is in MK* who isn't already in Smash Bros. Those Rabbid things. More Square FF characters**, Kratos from GoW***, the Ape Escape apes and the Monkey Ball monkeys (are they in it already? They should be). Monkeys in general. Everyone from Kingdom Hearts. Phoenix Wright and his buddies. Professor Layton. Deckard from Blade Runner. One of the Belmonts from Castlevania. All of the Belmonts from Castlevania. The Ouendan crew. Somebody from some zombie game, probably doesn't matter who as long as their special moves involve zombies - maybe a RE character****

I could go on. They really would never run out of characters to add. Sure, some would be tricky to negotiate but there are plenty more that won't be. If they could get Snake and Cloud in there, they can get others and keep on doing it.

*Mario Kart, although you could include Mortal Kombat if you wanted.

**Final Fantasy, although if you want the Fantastic Four then just knock yourself out.

***God of War, although if they can negotiate some characters from Gears of War then why not?

****Resident Evil, although if you think a character from your religion education class could fit then that's worth a shot too.
    Don't see any of it, in all honestly. They all sound underwhelming and, as you've pointed out, unlikely. Kratos being a total non-starter for instance.

Phoenix Wright in a beat-em-up was done in MvC3/UMvC3 and he was garbage. Thanks but no thanks.

Castlevania characters would be cool but I think Konami have killed the franchise.

Rabbids could work, I guess. But it's still a meh idea imo.

Sorry, I just happen to think that anybody worthwhile that Nintendo wanted in Smash is now in. DLC could obviously change that though.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.