No announcement yet.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point is simply that there is no shortage. You personally may not be into the characters and that's fine. But if you're asking what they can do from here, add more characters is probably it and is probably exactly what will happen.

Comment

It's pretty much a big oversight that no ARMS character is in it, Rayman given the blossoming relationship Ninty seem to have with Ubisoft of late too

Not that it matters though, like Mario Kart presumably this is a cheap way dodging having to make one for this gen at all

Comment

Feels like it. For all the talk of everybody being in it (and I'm sure that's big news for fans), as far as I can see there is very little actual new content in it. That said, I'm not sure I'd know the difference - maybe there are substantial changes I wouldn't spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Point is simply that there is no shortage. You personally may not be into the characters and that's fine. But if you're asking what they can do from here, add more characters is probably it and is probably exactly what will happen.
          And the point I'm making is, that in the context of what Nintendo are trying to do with Smash on the whole, it isn't enough to just add more characters from elsewhere. Clearly it isn't because they would have done so by now if it were just that simple. So no, I don't agree with there being no shortage. For the way they want to shape Smash Bros. it certainly does feel like a shortage of viable options.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-06-2018, 12:50.

Comment

Yeah but there's loads of characters you could add. It's not like it's not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Yeah but there's loads of characters you could add. It's not like it's not possible.
              Okay, let's disregard third-party characters for a second. Nintendo characters are obviously first priority. What other Nintendo characters could be added? Waluigi is rubbish and Captain Toad cannot jump because of his backpack, haha.

What other Nintendo characters could be added?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                For the way they want to shape Smash Bros. it certainly does feel like a shortage of viable options.
                Sounds like you have insider knowledge of their aims that fly in the face of a half hour long presentation that said nothing but: here are loads of characters.

Comment

Sounds like you have insider knowledge of their aims that fly in the face of a half hour long presentation that said nothing but: here are loads of characters.
                  Unless I missed something, nothing Nintendo showed in that presention screamed of anything apart from well-established characters from both within and outside their IP - characters who have appeared in Smash multiple times.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-06-2018, 12:58.

Comment

Sure, I'm happy to hear your ideas. But you posed a question and then disregarded the answers based on what appears to be incorrect assumptions on "what Nintendo are trying to do with Smash on the whole". Was there a specific answer you wanted instead? What would you do in the next Smash?

Edit: Oh, you complete replaced your entire post. Context gone.

The question remains: what would you do? What was the answer you wanted?

Comment

What would you do in the next Smash?
                      You're just being deliberately contrary at this point, but okay - I'll bite. And then I'll digress.

I asked the original question in the first bloody place! Smash has clearly followed a set formula with content and gameplay for generations now (unless you want to be contrary about that too?). I have no idea where the series goes next. Do Nintendo if they've deliberately called this "Ultimate"?

I don't think it is as simple as just adding more characters because, again, why wouldn't those more characters already be added if that was the case? Nintendo don't look like they'll let just anybody appear in it and I really don't think that needs insider knowledge to deduce that.

Just trying to engineer a debate, if that is allowed on a forum.

Comment

I'm glad I'm having the same opinions as being posted in this thread, guess many people I know are Nintendo fans that get annoyed at the slightest criticism of Nintendo. Silly

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          guess many people I know are Nintendo fans that get annoyed at the slightest criticism of Nintendo. Silly
                          Precisely.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            As suspected, it is the Wii U game with some added characters, costumes and tweaks. Another pisstake for us Wii U owners who bought all first party software on the system.
                            Awesome. Insert sarcasm here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              You're just being deliberately contrary at this point, but okay - I'll bite. And then I'll digress.

I asked the original question in the first bloody place! Smash has clearly followed a set formula with content and gameplay for generations now (unless you want to be contrary about that too?). I have no idea where the series goes next. Do Nintendo if they've deliberately called this "Ultimate"?

I don't think it is as simple as just adding more characters because, again, why wouldn't those more characters already be added if that was the case? Nintendo don't look like they'll let just anybody appear in it and I really don't think that needs insider knowledge to deduce that.

Just trying to engineer a debate, if that is allowed on a forum.
                              Okay. I was sincerely asking the question to you. But it seems you never wanted an answer to the question you posed in spite of writing "genuine question". You wanted: they have nowhere to go, they don't know what they are doing and now they're doomed or something along those lines.

Anyway, that waste of time aside, I roll all the way back to where I started - this is the Funko Pop of fighting games and the fact that the entire presentation just listed characters backs that up. As long as they keep up the fanservice, they will probably have fans and it will keep on going.

Comment

Lol. Where did I say anything about anything being doomed though?

Being snide, being deliberately contrary and now including words I didn't write.

Waste of time indeed, although you weren't exactly forced to participate. Lol.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-07-2018, 20:42. Reason: Special mention for Dogg Thang's hilariously childish like of this post. Such bellendery. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X