Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    I don't know if it was me not using a pro controller before had an impact on it to and perhaps the controllers were knackered but, I felt there was quite a delay in the controls, similar but not as bad as brawl..
    They probably didn't have the screens set to game mode.

Comment

Friends didn’t make a difference to my core issues of the game which is that it has all these lovely moves and animations and reduces them to about three pixels on screen by the time the camera pulls out and it zips at a pace where it’s just a mess of stuff. I get that it works for others and that’s cool but I need a game I can see. Power Stone 2 was a version of this that worked for me. It’s just personal preference but it’s wrong to assume that the situation is wrong rather than the game just not being a fit.

Comment

I saw it being talked about on SRK and it may have even been at Evo when SFIV was all the rage. Being a Street Fighter fan, I thought, oh right it's a beat em up, and it is. But in my short cameo with it, I got flung about the screen with all hell breaking loose not knowing if I was doing it right lol.
        Last edited by hudson; 03-11-2018, 21:12.

Comment

brilliant mashup trailer

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            I saw it being talked about on SRK and it may have even been at Evo when SFIV was all the rage. Being a Street Fighter fan, I thought, oh right it's a beat em up, and it is. But in my short cameo with it, I got flung about the screen with all hell breaking loose not knowing if I was doing it right lol.
            Like all arcade games you have to approach it with a survivalist mindset. You're not going to beat anyone on your first match, so do the next best thing and try to stay alive for as long as possible. Actively avoid confrontation, even in a 1v1. Do this as annoyingly as possible and you'll be off to a good start.

Beyond that there's a lot to absorb. Technically I'd place it on par with VF5:FS.

Comment

^ if you'd like to learn how Smash works.

Personally, I pretty much only use smash attacks, except for stage recovery.

Comment

Joker from Persona 5 confirmed as a DLC fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  https://www.polygon.com/game-awards-...joker-tga-2018

Joker from Persona 5 confirmed as a DLC fighter
                  I'm happy to see this but will it be like Cloud from FFVII as in making an appearance but not a confirmation that the series will come to the Switch? (I realise that is now a reality but I mean at the time he was originally announced).

Comment

Like many previous posters it didn't click with me at first and it was actually the WiiU version hooked me. I'd recommend starting with a GameCube pad, it makes the whole experience infinitely better and almost feels like a different game with it.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Smash Bros. Ultimate has punched its way to the top of the UK charts, with the best ever launch for the series and the …

Comment

WTF is Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Shootin' 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                          WTF is Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Shootin' 2?
                          Red Dead Redemption 2

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Red Dead Redemption 2
                            Now I feel stupid.

Comment

Just picked mine up from parcel collection at the post office. Awaiting for my switch to charge a bit...

Comment

Honestly think I'd break my Switch if I tried to play this in handheld mode lol

Comment

Working...
                                X