No announcement yet.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fifth SSBU DLC character will be revealed by Sakurai-san on a livestream tomorrow.

6am PST / 9am EST / 2pm GMT / 3pm CET

Comment

Dante isn’t it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
        Dante isn’t it ?
        I kinda hope not.

Does SSBU really need another person with sword type?

Comment

Byleth (Male and Female versions) from Fire Emblem Three Houses revealed as fifth DLC character. Released end of January.

[MENTION=1323]Junko[/MENTION] I would've preferred Dante.

Absolutely rubbish.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-01-2020, 14:11.

Comment

Yeah. Why have Nintendo stopped making cute characters anyway?

Comment

Really meh choice there, Fire Emblems represented enough already. If there's no big guest characters left either raid the Ninty archives or call it a day.

Comment

Although I'm not against it the moment my workmate confirmed who the character would be I tempered my excitement. I get it but they could have knocked it out of the ball park with another key character from a big franchise. I'm interested in 3 out of the 5 characters (Joker, Terry (who I bought already) and Byleth) but it didn't make me want to get the character pass on release tbh.

I've seen that they're going to release the new characters by December 2021. Its that legit because that's a long release schedule.

Comment

I got an email today with mention of a second character pass.

If only they'd supported MK8 with this much additional content.

Comment

Yeah, I’m surprised there’s been no DLC for MK8, particularly given its huge sales since release.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      If only they'd supported MK8 with this much additional content. made and released MK9 for the Switch like they should've instead of being extremely lazy about it by rehashing a game nearly six years old.
                      Corrected.

Comment

Yeah, I deffo would’ve rebought MK8 if they’d released more DLC. It’s a crime we didn’t get further cups, it’s a wonderful game.

Of course, an MK9 would be even better. It would be interesting if they made it a more sophisticated online game next time. Playing Modern Warfare online right now, there is so much going on in the multiplayer of that title. Different playlists, challenges to achieve, a free and paid Battle Pass, three different ranking systems, tons to unlock (much via gameplay alone) in terms of cosmetics for guns, characters, and personal branding (your emblem and calling card). If they could build something similar for the next MK, it would be absolutely superb.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Playing Modern Warfare online right now, there is so much going on in the multiplayer of that title. Different playlists, challenges to achieve, a free and paid Battle Pass, three different ranking systems, tons to unlock (much via gameplay alone) in terms of cosmetics for guns, characters, and personal branding (your emblem and calling card). If they could build something similar for the next MK, it would be absolutely superb.
                          To be fair though, all of those things exist just to support the microtransactions. Even if you're not paying for them, you're providing the audience to the people that do pay for them. If Activision couldn't charge for things like that, their multiplayer wouldn't have progressed much further than the structure it had in MW2.

Comment

Sakurai-san has confirmed in his latest Famitsu column that the upcoming Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will be the expected conclusion of new characters being added to SSBU. He also writes that there are no (current) plans for another Smash game.

Maybe it's just PR.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-02-2020, 13:55.

Comment

After how Switch has panned out I can imagine that when the next system comes along they can easily slap in 4-5 extra fighters, costume revisions and a few backgrounds for very little effort and budget then slap a DX on the end of the title and charge £50 without the need for a full Smash Bros 6 project

Comment

That’s exactly what they’ll do. Or call it Smash 6 or whatever subtitle anyway. I know I don’t get the intricacies of the game but, to a casual viewer, the games have all just looked like subtle iterations with different characters anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X