User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I struggle to even class Smash Bros as a fighter, more so a more technical brawler like how Power Stone is characters fighting but I'd never think of it in the same league as the SF's, VF's etc of the world. A bit like how Splatoon is Nintendo's way of tackling the online TDM etc popularity without making an actual FPS. It's good, it's fun, but it's not really the same thing.

I could see where Power Stone fighters were so that was a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I struggle to even class Smash Bros as a fighter, more so a more technical brawler like how Power Stone is characters fighting but I'd never think of it in the same league as the SF's, VF's etc of the world. A bit like how Splatoon is Nintendo's way of tackling the online TDM etc popularity without making an actual FPS. It's good, it's fun, but it's not really the same thing.
    Well Smash is on another level entirely when it comes to technical depth and execution. If you can't be bothered with fancy flashy combos and frame-perfect timing there's always ARMS which depends more on footsies/spacing, reach and evasion. Both work on the mind-game meta in a big way, just that ARMS has a much lower bar for entry if you want to be competitive/win.

I can't see them making any more fighting games soon. I'd forgotten about that Pokken thing too, that's meant to be good.