No announcement yet.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the main bit, they can slap Pete Pirahna in if they want, it's not like Smash is that good a fighter anyway. It's be nice if Nintendo would attempt making a proper fighter

Comment

The base game has every smash character in it up to date, and their is nothing to stop them adding more to keep the game intresting and genrate hype. For a game that mixes Bayonneta and Megaman their is nowhere they cant go. Like others have suggested, they could quite easily add a load more retro faves from Castelvania, or mega man: Zero, Tron Bonne, Simon Belmont, and Alucard spring to mind.

Nothing to stop them adding in more characters from Zelda either Wolf link and Minda would be cool as would, tingle smacking everyone with ruppie bombs, the heroes of time would work well too.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 13-06-2018, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        it's not like Smash is that good a fighter anyway. It's be nice if Nintendo would attempt making a proper fighter
        Smash is by far the most technical fighting game that is still relevant today. The only other thing that compares is probably Virtua Fighter.

Comment

Not overly excited over it but will still be getting it.

I was saying to [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] last night how I thought the characters looked worse than the previous games and that was my main gripe. Sure this means I'll hopefully see an Ice Climber's Amiibo with any luck and some cool looking new stages but it't just the same old story.

Glad to see ice climbers, pokemon trainer and daisy with inklings to but, is that it?

BTW If they add more fancy pants fire emblem characters later on instead of many better suggested characters on here I'm going to be so pissed off.

Comment

But...how else are they supposed to sell Amiibo/FE games!?

Comment

I struggle to even class Smash Bros as a fighter, more so a more technical brawler like how Power Stone is characters fighting but I'd never think of it in the same league as the SF's, VF's etc of the world. A bit like how Splatoon is Nintendo's way of tackling the online TDM etc popularity without making an actual FPS. It's good, it's fun, but it's not really the same thing.

Comment

I could see where Power Stone fighters were so that was a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  I struggle to even class Smash Bros as a fighter, more so a more technical brawler like how Power Stone is characters fighting but I'd never think of it in the same league as the SF's, VF's etc of the world. A bit like how Splatoon is Nintendo's way of tackling the online TDM etc popularity without making an actual FPS. It's good, it's fun, but it's not really the same thing.
                  Well Smash is on another level entirely when it comes to technical depth and execution. If you can't be bothered with fancy flashy combos and frame-perfect timing there's always ARMS which depends more on footsies/spacing, reach and evasion. Both work on the mind-game meta in a big way, just that ARMS has a much lower bar for entry if you want to be competitive/win.

I can't see them making any more fighting games soon. I'd forgotten about that Pokken thing too, that's meant to be good.

Comment

Interesting words from Sakurai-san himself about Ultimate's place in the scheme of things.

No doubt that certain folks on here would snidely dismiss his opinion as somehow lesser than theirs and make dumb comments about "insider information" but hey.

Comment

Or certain folks might claim it’s PR.

Comment

Comment

PR?

Why, that sounds like insider knowledge!! Unless that's actually opinion, y'know, like the kind usually generated on forums??

Don't feel as if you have to respond though. Wouldn't want you wasting your time.

Comment

Ooooh, look at the pretty colours.

Comment

Any future Smash entries would presumably need a complete retool, new approach and new roster... frankly something that should have happened with the third game. I'm fine with Ultimate mostly on it being a compendium more than a sequel but for me Smash is a bit stale and in need of a shot in its veins so I'll happily take big changes for the next game.

Comment

Smash is Smash. If they amalgamate Melee and Smash4 into one game successfully they will only ever need to worry about maybe adding new stuff over the coming years. What we need is a reason to never have to go back to Melee/ProjectM. You can't go changing the formula. It's absolutely sacrosanct, and for good reason.

Saying Smash needs to change is like going back to 1995 and saying mainline Street Fighter needs to go full 3D like Tekken. If that'd have been the case we wouldn't have ended up with Third Strike. Actually, what Street Fighter now needs is a 4th entry to Street Fighter 3... Which would consist solely of balance adjustments, whole new backgrounds, and an additional four or five characters at most.

Maybe they can do more with single-player. A VF4 EVO style arcade mode would really open up the game for most players who don't really get what the game is about. But once you get to that place it's pure crack. The best way in doing so is to play with other people, ideally in a local multiplayer environment - it's not a very hard game to get hooked on, and it's one that's also easy to rapidly improve at.

Comment

Working...
                                X