Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of retro football games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah loved Sega Soccer Slam on the Cube with my brother... I believe the team behind it was asked to do the Mario Strikers game too...?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

This is a fun title I recently found.

Comment

I’ve never enjoyed the infamous Kick Off 2. I remembered feeling gutted playing it for the first time, that “is this it?” feeling, felt and controlled horribly. Awful game.

My Super Famicom collection contains Super Formation Soccer II and Sensible Soccer. Formation is a mess, but has that entertainment factor that Japanese football games of the era have. Sensible Soccer I’ve never really liked, but it seems wrong not to have it part of my collection in some form...

I liked ISS 98 on the Nintendo 64. Lots of fun, controlled decently. It’s the most modern football game that I’ve played, believe it or not...

Used to live on the same road as Kevin Toms who did the famous football management game, true story.

Comment

Comment

Yes the infamous sprite hack heh.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'll always have a soft spot for Sensible Soccer. It delivered what Kick Off 2 was claimed to, and the sound design was superb for an Amiga game, just incredibly atmospheric, and helped give plenty of 'weight' to the proceedings .

Comment

Good

Fifa 98 (PC)
                Sega Worldwide Soccer '97 (Saturn: "My name's Gary Bloom, and hopefully I'll guide you through a most exciting game of football...")
                Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
                Emlyn Hughes International Soccer (Amstrad)
                Super Soccer (SNES)

Bad(or reasonable at best)

Victory Goal (Saturn)
                European Club Soccer (MD)

Ugly

Italia '90 (MD)

Comment

Working...
                X