CRT servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRT servicing

Anyone know anywhere that still does this? My PVM needs a bit of TLC to sort out some issues.

Tried Grant?

Comment

Also, what is the issue [MENTION=7314]Jamie[/MENTION]?

Grant mostly deals with arcade chassis.

Savon-Pat is the Sony BVM/PVM expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post

shame Savon-Pat dosent live locally - i have a few caps that probably need looking at in my PVM 2053

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post

have you read the interview that Savon -Pat did?

Interview with BVM Tech This is a transcription of a phone interview I did with Pat, a former Sony technician that worked on BVM monitors.  The original audio interview is available at the 25:38 mark in the video above. A huge thanks to Justin Sison for transcribing the whole thing!!!   [00:25

really good bit of reading if you are interested in sony HR trinitrons

Comment

No major issues, bit of geometry and i think the picture could be better with an expert eye making the changes. Generally want it to produce the best picture possible.

Don't think Savon-Pat is an option, the PVM is 27 inches so shipping wouldn't be possible
            Last edited by Jamie; 18-06-2018, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              have you read the interview that Savon -Pat did?

Interview with BVM Tech This is a transcription of a phone interview I did with Pat, a former Sony technician that worked on BVM monitors.  The original audio interview is available at the 25:38 mark in the video above. A huge thanks to Justin Sison for transcribing the whole thing!!!   [00:25

really good bit of reading if you are interested in sony HR trinitrons
              Yes! Really enjoyed that interview. I also spoke to him on the phone. He's a sweet old guy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                No major issues, bit of geometry and i think the picture could be better with an expert eye making the changes. Generally want it to produce the best picture possible.

Don't think Savon-Pat is an option, the PVM is 27 inches so shipping wouldn't be possible
                Maybe Grant is best then - he is situated in Kent.

But it sounds like something you can do yourself with the advanced menu

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

post a pic of it running with a test grid and we will help you!

Comment

I have a pvm that needs a bit of work done on it - I need to get the case of it to adjust the focus pot, give it a clean and perhaps some manual adjustment with convergence strips. Currently looks decent but I know it could be better. Old guy this one (pvm 2053) - Even predates the M and L series!

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.
                    Last edited by dvdx2; 29-06-2018, 07:43.

Comment

The medical ones are real nice IMO, generally had an easier time of it than the broadcast equivalents. Consumer-grade phosphors which look better in rooms with ambient light & those black levels!

Comment

Working...
                      X