Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

Marvel's Spider-Man
    is an upcoming action-adventure game based on the Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man, developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PlayStation 4. It will be the first licensed game developed by Insomniac. The game will tell a new story about Spider-Man that is not tied to an existing comic book, video game, or film. It will cover both the Peter Parker and Spider-Man aspects of the character and will feature an older and more experienced Spider-Man. The game is scheduled to be released worldwide on September 7, 2018. - Wikipedia

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet, but it's looking pretty good so far.
    Here are some recent articles:
    Spider-Man Hands-On Impressions: Combat Hits and Web-Slinging Misses
    Five Awesome Things You Didn't Know You Could Do in Spider-Man

Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4 Looks Fantastic in a ton of Gameplay
    Spider-Man PS4 Features Avengers Tower, Will There Be More Connections?

The E3 showing of this was a bit weird for me. On the one hand I liked the look of it. On the other hand, I thought this was based in the MCU, and it isn't, which is a shame.

Comment

Only PS4 game I pre-ordered. Looks like the biz.

Comment

Looks gorgeous. And looks like I'll be whiling away hours just swinging about.

Proper gorge!

Comment

Spider-Man 2 vs. Spider-Man PS4 World Map Comparison Shows How Far Tech Has Come

Comment

Spider-Man Preview E3 2018 - Spider-Man is one of the most hyped games for 2018 and was playable at E3. Does it live up to the hype? Read our preview to find out!

E3 2018: SPIDER-MAN PREVIEW — VERY GOOD, BUT OVERHYPED

"Spider-Man is very good, but not a killer app. It’s an excellent game though. With that out of the way, let’s get into the game. At E3 2018 I was afforded the incredible opportunity to play Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man title by Insomniac Games. The demo was 20 minutes long which was fantastic because you were really able to delve both into the game and the world, which is completely open. Swinging through New York is both an awe-inspiring experience and a lot of fun. While the game is hyped up and one of the only Sony exclusives coming out this year, does it live up expectations? Yes and no.

This is Sony’s chance to build a Marvel Video Game Universe of their own. Spider-Man will be an excellent title, but it is a bit overhyped. It doesn’t add too much to the superhero genre, as far as we’ve seen, and plays too much like Arkham Knight, finding sidequests and combat included. It’s not the killer app many were hoping for. That being said, it’s a fine game, and while it may not be a Game of the Year contender considering what we’ve seen thus far, it is an exquisite addition to Sony’s already impressive lineup.

We’ll see how the final product turns out in September."

Comment

An analysis of the game's E3 2017 demo by Digital Foundry finds that Spider-Man for the PS4 Pro has an impressive array of gameplay and graphical edges.

Spider-Man PS4 Pro Improvements Detailed

"The video above provides an incredibly detailed analysis of what kind of graphical takeaways can be made from Sony’s E3 2017 demonstration of Spider-Man on the PS4 Pro. Essentially, however, the biggest news stemming from this is that temporal injection, a process used to simulate 4K, appears to hold up extremely well even during action sequences, and the CG-like aesthetic that Insomniac Games has favored for Spider-Man will help that simulation be integrated as seamlessly as possible. The fidelity of the rendering in Spider-Man is also such that there will be less visual discrepancies between cutscenes, QTEs, and actual gameplay – essentially, the graphics will remain excellent throughout each iteration of Spider-Man‘s gameplay experience.

While a lot of this analysis has been done by observing the trailer without being able to actually play the game on a PS4 Pro themselves, Digital Foundry are trusted experts on graphics in video games and their opinion holds a lot of weight. Keeping in mind that we still need to see footage of the game on a regular PS4, that Digital Foundry’s takeaway from Spider-Man is positive is a big deal for Sony and Insomniac Games, too – expectations are so high for the title that Sony believes Spider-Man could get PS4 sales to 100 million in 2018, and scoring well in aesthetics and gameplay fluidity early on will certainly help."

Comment

Some gameplay impressions:

Comment

So was all this year's E3 stuff running on PS4 Pro?

I was hoping it would basically look the same on a regular PS4 but at a lower resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    the CG-like aesthetic that Insomniac Games has favored for Spider-Man
                    Amazing work somehow managing to give this computer generated game a computer generated-like aesthetic.

Comment

It reminds me of Watch_Dogs and Arkham Knight. I don't reckon it'll be that great.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, looks like Batman in the daytime.

Comment

I love a bit of spiderman vidyagames, but online people do seem to be treating this like it's the 2nd coming.
                          No doubt it'll be great fun, but people need to calm down

Comment

Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank, Sunset Overdrive, Spyro, Resistance) coupled with one of the coolest Marvel superheroes is a win in my eyes!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank, Sunset Overdrive, Spyro, Resistance) coupled with one of the coolest Marvel superheroes is a win in my eyes!!
                              You're famed for liking terrible games though div.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X