Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

Andrew Dodge (“Bad Words”) has been hired to pen a third “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” film currently in development at Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes. Paramount released the first film in 2014 which grossed $493 million worldwide, though the 2016 sequel floundered with $245 million and both were duds with critics. New studio chairman Jim […]

Paramount have started script work on a new Turtles film, after the last one I figured the franchise was dead again but we do live in the Darkest Timeline.

I've not seen these because I'm tired of Michael Bay making my favourite childhood shows pretty rubbish, but I hear the second film is pretty good, so I might get the 3D Blu-Ray. Is it vital I've seen the first?

Comment

The second one... I think it got a slightly easier ride with fans purely for including more stuff from the old canon such as Krang but broadly it was very much the same and with the same bad tone.

Comment

Ah, OK.
        It sounds like I can live my life without having seen these.
        Shame as I bloody loved the Turtles when I was a kid.

If I see it go for a couple of quid, maybe.

Comment

I think the best indicator I can give for how Bay-like the sequel is would be: The opening has Megan Fox in a school girl outfit

Comment

Although I'm not averse to the idea of foxy Fox in a short skirt and tight shirt, I find the whole sexy school girl thing a bit distasteful.

On one hand society (rightly) eschews the sexualisation of children, then there's this whole accepted cliché of sexy schoolgirls.

But yeah, that helps me benchmark the level of the film, cheers.

Comment

The CGI TMNT film from about 10 years ago is the best we’ve had since the originals. These Baytrocities are as bad as the Transformers ones and are completely ignored as well.

Comment

I won't lie, I quite enjoyed the CGI Turtles film, shame it didn't do well and was so budget looking as it kind of precursors the later series. Turtles works better animated than live action.

Comment

Is that the one where the various Turtles form all the different versions come together?

Comment

The TV show did that, the films not connected to any other versions of the Turtles but was a simple and decent little Save New York tale

Comment

And it really went into the Raphael/Leonardo leadership friction culminating in a decent rainy rooftop fight.

Comment

Yeah, that was a good scene. It’s this one if anyone is still wondering https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tmnt-Lauren...&keywords=tmnt

Comment

Working...
                        X