X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paprika MAX are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Not sure if you guys get the tayto brand, but their salt n vinegar and cheese n onion are superb.
      Tayto is not common in England but they can be found.

My shout? Smiths Savoury Selection. Scampi Fries, Bacon Fries, and Cheese Moments. The best being, of course, Scampi Fries. I've got a multipack, mostly consumed, sat on my desk at work right now. They're rarely in supermarkets but always available in Poundland!

Comment

Pretty sure we sorted this in another thread but the best flavour is salt and vinegar. The two best are Tyrell’s and Tesco Finest crinkle cut. But I’ve gone down a dark path and I put salt and vinegar on my salt and vinegar crisps. Not sure where I can go from here unless there is concentrated essence of salt and vinegar available.

Comment

Something about a crisp just resonates so much as a metaphor for modern life as it stands because it too is sliced thin, front loaded flavour/excitement that never quite fully satiates in the moment and yet keeps you reaching for more in an effort to satisfy your desire.

Also crinkle cuts are like the deep pan pizza of the crisp world - ain’t nobody got time for that chunky mess, just completely throws the whole reason for crisps out the window as the taste to filler ratio is just way off.

I see a lot of you are mentioning other brands but in my experience nothing comes close to walkers in terms of their slimness, crunchy texture and overall balance of flavour. Tis a work of culinary art I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Pretty sure we sorted this in another thread but the best flavour is salt and vinegar. The two best are Tyrell’s and Tesco Finest crinkle cut. But I’ve gone down a dark path and I put salt and vinegar on my salt and vinegar crisps. Not sure where I can go from here unless there is concentrated essence of salt and vinegar available.

Hahaha that is hilarious.

The king of S 'n' V for me is Walkers Extra Crunchy. Normal Walkers are a bit bobbins though. Merely average.

One thing I do not like is excessively ambitious flavours - Full English, Roast Pork with Stuffing and Apple Sauce, BBQ Alaskan King Crab etc. They are without fail a disappointment. The snake oil of snacks, promising so much and delivering so little.

EDIT: should add that Extra Crunchy normal bags have been retired but the same crisps can be found in weird cube shaped bags under the Walkers Tear 'n' Share brand.

Comment

I’ll glady accede that extra crunchy are indeed very good and I thank you for pointing out you can still get them.

*adds to list*

Whilst not a crisp per se the salsa flavour Doritos actually do taste very much like salsa. The other pretenders however just sell dreams and taste naught like their promise. The swindlers!

Comment

Monster Munch Pickled Onion flavour.

Even the crumbs at the bottom of the bag make you wince!

I’m currently making my way through a pack of Walkers Max Strong Jalapeño and Cheese crisps, and can confirm they are both cheesey and jalapeñoy.

I recently bought from Aldi a pack of Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey Original BBQ flavour potato chips, which I have yet to open.

Comment

I would venture those mango & lime poppadom things that Walkers make these days as part of the Sensations brand. They're amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I would venture those mango & lime poppadom things that Walkers make these days as part of the Sensations brand. They're amazing.
                    Yeah those are really good, I buy them a lot. Definitely my favourite of the Sensations range.

Comment

Prawn cocktail.

Worcester sauce.

Smokey bacon.

Comment

Smoky Bacon.

That's the shist!

BEST. Flavor.

Go to Poundland, the Scampi Fries/Bacon Fries combo, you've got three mini-paks of the best established bacon-tasting snacks RIGHT THERE.

The BEST.

Comment

Comment

Thread closed.
                            Salt and Vinegar Square of course, gotta love that walkers green bag branding.
                            (I know they used to be smiths)

Comment

I’m quite liking Walkers Sensations roast chicken and thyme at the moment, been through a few bags of those recently.

Also really nice Salt and Vinegar from Tyrells or Kettle Chips. Posh crisps, no cheap ****ty ones...

Comment

Them Lidl posh crisps are really good, you can get some packs for 75p and they're proper gorge, I'm not even kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X