No announcement yet.

The greatest flavour of crisps is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like reconstituted or processed foods; nor artificial flavours. And that means I don't like most crisps. I enjoy kettle chips though. Salted is probably my favourite flavour, great dipped in hummus topped with ground paprika and a splash of olive oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
      I don't like reconstituted or processed foods; nor artificial flavours. And that means I don't like most crisps. I enjoy kettle chips though. Salted is probably my favourite flavour, great dipped in hummus topped with ground paprika and a splash of olive oil.
      Don't be a tool. Nobody eats crisps thinking they're a healthy snack. We know they're swill, but a tasty, naughty treat nonetheless.

I imagine these are your favourite type of crisps:

Comment

I was going to comment on Zens bougieness that was palpably pulsating through the screen in a much more uncouth way but seeing as QC has handled it I’ll just chill... till the next episode.

Comment

Here in Australia it has to be Kettle Salt and Vinegar, but not any Salt and Vinegar, they're sea salt and balsamic vinegar.

Trying to explain the flavour they're like Walkers crisp mouth feel but with a punchy taste of discos level tangy bite get the flavour quickly mellows so they're not overpowering. There's a couple of other great combination flavours from the same brand but the one is hard to beat and loads of other brands have their own competitors now which fall a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

But they're in a PLASTIC bag!!

Comment

Another one of my favourites is Marks & Spencer Cheese Tasters. They're essentially Wotsits/Cheetos, but bigger, crunchier, and with a flavour that favours saltiness over sweetness. Truly tremendous.

Comment

McCoy’s Steak obviously.

Comment

Anything by golden Cross (onion rings etc) and beef monster munch when they were fried and not baked

Comment

WORLD CUP OF CRISPS!
                    Round 1 of 16

Wotsits vs. Hula Hoops

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      McCoy’s Steak obviously.
                      Nah, they break teefs. Broke a filling on these but they're probably the most substantial crisp they do on a Tesco Meal Deal.

Plus, I've never tasted 'steak' that tastes like that. Closest thing I tasted like that was an ex's bumhole after she'd had a Lidl lamb madras ready meal the night before. She was 100% spotless but the spices had seasoned the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Closest thing I tasted like that was an ex's bumhole after she'd had a Lidl lamb madras ready meal the night before. She was 100% spotless but the spices had seasoned the flesh.

POST OF THE CENTURY

Comment

They don't do salt and vinegar here in Japan, the heathens.

Very occasionally I've seen vinegar flavoured crisps and I'd just add salt to complete the taste.

On the other hand, the flavours they do here are brilliant. Fried chicken, garlic steak, even pizza flavoured ridge crisps with melted cheese on top. Recently there were really good tom yum kung flavoured ones. They're really good at getting the flavours just right.

Comment

Closest thing I tasted like that was an ex's bumhole after she'd had a Lidl lamb madras ready meal the night before.

Do you thinks this lass is on another forums somewhere, posting in a similar thread, comparing crisp flavours to [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]'s nether regions?

I found some candidate flavours online

#1 Milk Chocolate. ...
                            #2 Creamy Garlic Caesar Flavor. ...
                            #3 Borsch (beetroot Soup) Flavor. ...
                            #4 Pigs In Blankets Flavor. ...
                            #5 Grilled Cheese & Ketchup Sandwich Flavor. ...
                            #6 Bacon Mac & Cheese Flavor. ...
                            #7 Wasabi Ginger Flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              They don't do salt and vinegar here in Japan, the heathens.

Very occasionally I've seen vinegar flavoured crisps and I'd just add salt to complete the taste.

On the other hand, the flavours they do here are brilliant. Fried chicken, garlic steak, even pizza flavoured ridge crisps with melted cheese on top. Recently there were really good tom yum kung flavoured ones. They're really good at getting the flavours just right.
                              You need to update the thread with the weirdest flavours you can find like cuttlefish or whale scrotum.

Comment

Plus, I've never tasted 'steak' that tastes like that. Closest thing I tasted like that was an ex's bumhole after she'd had a Lidl lamb madras ready meal the night before. She was 100% spotless but the spices had seasoned the flesh.
                                *Strikes beef hula hoops off the shopping list*

Comment

Working...
                                X