The greatest flavour of crisps is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    You need to update the thread with the weirdest flavours you can find like cuttlefish or whale scrotum.
    I'll keep an eye out!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      I was going to comment on Zens bougieness that was palpably pulsating through the screen in a much more uncouth way but seeing as QC has handled it I’ll just chill... till the next episode.
      Bouginess? Haha They're 79p for a 150g bag in Home Bargains. Cheaper than the processed crisps. I like the flavour of raw ingredients, that's all. Dates, olives, figs, pita bread, almonds, cashews, humus, sun dried tomatoes, plain potato chips. Those are the kinda snacks I enjoy, but don't read anything into it other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        They don't do salt and vinegar here in Japan, the heathens.

Very occasionally I've seen vinegar flavoured crisps and I'd just add salt to complete the taste.

On the other hand, the flavours they do here are brilliant. Fried chicken, garlic steak, even pizza flavoured ridge crisps with melted cheese on top. Recently there were really good tom yum kung flavoured ones. They're really good at getting the flavours just right.
        Pringles used to do pretty awesome Ranch and Guacamole flavours, I recall.

I've recently stopped eating Pringles, though; since this year. I'm on a diet, but even putting that aside, they're just of zero nutritional value. They're a salt and fat delivery mechanism.

Popcorn is bad for you, but at least it's roughage.
        Ice cream is high in sugar, but at least it contains calcium and can settle your digestion.
        Chocolate is bad for you in many respects but again, at least it has mildly positive qualities.

Pringles are just nothing. They turn into a slurry as you eat them and they do nothing for you.

I recently had two or three at a buffet, and I almost spat them out. 6 months of not eating something really affects how it tastes.

Comment

Oh man, who invited @The Fun Police?

Comment

Huh? I thought they’re just dehydrated potato! Mind you, I’ve never read the ingredients.

I love Pringles.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              Huh? I thought they’re just dehydrated potato! Mind you, I’ve never read the ingredients.
              They are, but they're made from a slurry. They're not "chips" in the sense that normal crisps are chips. They're like the crisp equivalent of MDF.

Comment

If Pringles are so nice "Once you pop, just just can't stop", then how come they have a resealable lid?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  If Pringles are so nice "Once you pop, just just can't stop", then how come they have a resealable lid?
                  Yeah, they're moreish. I used to believe it was something psychological related to their interlocking, stacking shape.

Apparently it's called "vanishing caloric density"; it's the supposed idea that humans are quite voracious with food, because we had thousands of years where we tended to not have enough calories to sustain ourselves. Many of us now live in a post-hunger society, where you may not remember the last time you were genuinely "starving". As a result, consuming food releases endorphins, and foods like Cheetos and Pringles (also chocolate) go in your mouth and "vanish" quickly, due to the way they break down (chocolate too as it melts at human body temperature). This results in an endophin release that you "chase" by eating more, creating a kind of runaway effect that leaves you with the "Pringle nausea" once you've eaten too many.

Comment

Pringles are no less nutritious than any other sort of crisp or heavily processed snack really. Plus, they fit together! Fun!

Comment

With Pringles, it's the MSG that makes 'em moreish.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        With Pringles, it's the MSG that makes 'em moreish.
                        We have a jar of that at home. Funny to think how I was raised to gtfo when MSG was around and now I have an actual jar of the stuff. It never seems to actually get used, though. It might still be sealed. BNIBWT.

Comment

I'd probably get really drunk, try three teaspoonfuls in a mug of Bovril and probably spend all my night awake in a state of panic attack, but HUNGRY panic attack.

I've never tried it, tbh. I know enough how easy it is to consume an entire tube of Pringles, especially if you have a full, cold pint glass full of nice beer damn right next to you.

Pringles, cool. MSG, cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            They are, but they're made from a slurry. They're not "chips" in the sense that normal crisps are chips. They're like the crisp equivalent of MDF.
                            Brilliant!

Pringles: The MDF of crisps.

Comment

Whether Pringles are actual crisps or not, all I know is that Xmas Turkey flavour Pringles are, by light years, the best ever Pringles flavour and pretty much the best ever poultry-flavoured crisps.

I will be seriously p1ssed off if they do not make an appearance in supermarkets for this year's festive season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Whether Pringles are actual crisps or not, all I know is that Xmas Turkey flavour Pringles are, by light years, the best ever Pringles flavour and pretty much the best ever poultry-flavoured crisps.

I will be seriously p1ssed off if they do not make an appearance in supermarkets for this year's festive season.
                                I have images of you and the family gathered around the table for Christmas dinner and all smiling as you, instead of carving the turkey, pop the lid on the Pringles tube. "Hooray! Happy Christmas one and all!"

Comment

Working...
                                X