Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 non-sports split screen co-op games???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 non-sports split screen co-op games???

Mate at work just got a 360, wanted to know of any 2P split-screen co-op titles. Tbh, I came up a blank as I haven't played anything in split screen co-op bar Resi 5.

Anyone know of any decent titles that fit the above category?

Used to play quite a bit on Xbox 360 local co-op/split screen. Mostly third and first person shooters.

From memory completed the campaigns for all of these (excluding GoW3): Halo 3, Gears of War 1, 2 & 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2. The Rainbow Six Vegas games really worked because unlike the others the splits screen was vertical which works better in some ways than the traditional horizontal split screen. Also were really good fun.

Bare in mind this was c. 2007 to 2009 so the games listed have aged somewhat, and I don't know how they play now.

Other games that spring to mind are Army of Two - not sure if this was any good though, Borderlands 1 & 2 - great games, although obviously don't run as nicely on PS360 as they do on PC, or the second game in The Handsome Collection. The FOV in the original releases isn't great for example. Also Diablo 3 on 360 has local splitscreen.

Probably loads missing but hope that helps.

Comment

Brilliant! Many thanks!!!

We went on a brief game-buying sesh and got Borderlands 2, didn't actually know it was 2P co-op but box seemed to suggest it was, cool.

Got Diablo 3 as well, gonna clock it then pass it on to him.

Comment

Have a look here.

Comment

I was also going to point you to co-optimus, but in the meantime:

EDF!

Both 2017 and 2025 are split screen.

Comment

Pfft, co-op. Ultra Street Fighter IV!

Comment

Does it need to be split-screen or can it be same screen like Diablo III?

Comment

I'd forgotten about Diablo. I might try some (north eastern) co-op with the bairns. Do you need a separate account for each character/player?

Comment

Thanks for all your replies, got a lot to work with here.

@QC, single screen co-op is fine.

Comment

Borderlands and Gears of War were the first things that sprung to mind, but both have been said. Any Lego game pretty much, Star Wars anyone?
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Portal 2, Trine 2, Shoot Many Robots, Minecraft, Army of Two 1 & 2, South Park Tower Defense, all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff, arcade games like TMNT or X-MEN, Far Cry 3, Castle Crashers, Invincible Tiger, Lost Planet 2 and so on and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X