X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK NEO GEO MVS Console....

Hello All

Long long time lurker here...8)

Interested to hear if anyone have seen or purchase one of these interesting items ?

Look like they are now only selling the case, previously they included the MVS motherboard.

See a few reviews up on youtube...but keen to hear from folks here about it...

Cheers.

£200 for a plastic case? Ok then.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Aaaand welcome to Bordersdown!

Comment

Can't speak of build quality etc, but I can't say I'm particularly bowled over by the price / design? I get that it might look quite nice in some setups, though. I can see quite a few of them on eBay still with the motherboard in, and naturally, complete with a 161-in-one cart...

Comment

Other than the clear one they look better than *most* CMVSs out there I'd say. Also it's not just a plastic case, there's a fair bit of electronics provided too. It'll require you to provide a MV-1C Neo Geo motherboard as that's the only single slot with a vertical cartridge slot. Dunno how easily available those are.

Comment

That's the machine I own. I've done a few videos on it.

Comment

Thanks for reply and warm welcome ! As I said been a long long long time lurker...(from NTSC-UK days)...8)

Looks like the (Aliexpress) company is no longer selling them with the MVS-1C motherboard ? Only the case ? Have the run out of stock ?

Was looking to order one ...but unsure now...also there appears to be 20 days wait time...gonna ping them message and ask !

Yakumo : Thanks for the videos ! How are you finding your unit ? Have you bought any more MVS carts ? What specific cables are you using to connect to your telly ?

Vividly remember seeing MVS carts a few years back at silly monies £10-£15 now....x4-x5 prices...guessing these consolised MVS units have made a difference !

Interested to see if any one else has one and what their experience has been...cheers !

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

This isn't another Shozuki account is it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    This isn't another Shozuki account is it? lol
                    He's the right age...I would have personally waited for the showboating posts before posting that

Comment

Originally posted by kidofthe80s View Post
                      Yakumo : Thanks for the videos ! How are you finding your unit ? Have you bought any more MVS carts ? What specific cables are you using to connect to your telly ?
                      I have no problems with my unit other than the audio out of the RGB Mega Drive socket to be in mono (expected) and the audio from the L & R phonos to be mono (not expected) which resulted in me doing the stereo mod. For connecting the unit to a TV I'm using a standard Mega Drive RGB cable which goes in to a switch box then on in to the Framemeister.
                      I've only bought Fatal Fury Special so far as most games I want are on the 161 in 1 cartridge. I will be buying more in the future since there are a few others that I'd like. I'll have to see about that once I get a bit of cash together.

Comment

It's not even a true consolised unit. It's basically a Supergun built into a case that only allows the use of a 1-slot.

Why it has Saturn ports is beyond me. No Neo games use 6B.

I wouldn't buy one personally. It's way too meh for me. You could easily make your own ACTUAL consolised unit for way less. MV-1C is rubbish as the BIOS is soldered to the board. I'd go with a MV-1F or an MV-1FS. They are by far the best 1-slots as they have joystick ports built-in, stereo output at both amplified and line level built-in, plus the BIOS is socketed. With either of those you'd only need a very basic Supergun, which is essentially the same thing as what's inside that plastic case, but for £20 instead of £200. Plus you could use that same Supergun for other boards too.

It's a no-brainer if you think about it.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

How is it not a true consolised unit? It can do everything my CMVS can do, and more. Takes AES sticks and Saturn pads. RGB output AND S-Video AND component. Seems OK to me. Most CMVSs got for at least £200 don't they? I don't like the look of the translucent unit though I have to say.

Comment

It's a Supergun in a casing. Consolised units don't have anything attached to the JAMMA edge. It's no different to putting a Supergun on the front of an MVS board and putting it in a box. Far different to consolising a motherboard by adding ports to the existing hardware.

This thing is £200 just for the Supergun and casing minus the 1-slot. Time you add that in, plus a Unibios, plus various shipping costs, it's getting mighty pricey.

There are far better routes to go down I think.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, like consolising an MVS yourself for next to nothing. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X