Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Speaking of which, in the gym car park, I spotted this bad boy:

I'd prefer one of these. This one in particular looks really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      It beggars belief why there are no new entries of the series on modern hardware. With The popularity of online gaming, surely makes a perfect platform form 1-1 racing of more though a 4k mapped tokyo!
      Genki aren't what they used to be. They're primarily mobile-focussed on their output.

"Shotoku Battle Xtreme" is a free to download gacha mobile and I'm sure it's making them enough money to make them wonder why they bothered making a full console game previously. *sigh*

"Shotoku Battle Xtreme is an authentic racing game application that taps on the capital high and tries to use the operation of accelerator, swipe and handling to chase and battle. In addition to parts tuning that affects running, we have
      plenty of aero parts, stickers, binalals, etc. that affect the appearance.
      We received licenses from eight domestic car manufacturers and recorded real name vehicles." (translated)

Still, at least they're still going and maybe they'll make a console game again one day.

I had to laugh at this translated page for the game that announces the return of Rolling Guy and his Trueno to the game.
      However, I'm not entirely sure about his team mates' names - "Rolling Bastard" and "Rolling ****er"!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I'd prefer one of these. This one in particular looks really nice.
        It's nice, but I was quite pleased to see one in the wild with my own eyes that was nicely looked after.
        Quite often, they look a bit silly with the unsubtle modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Genki aren't what they used to be. They're primarily mobile-focussed on their output..
          That game's not even live anymore - it was closed last year

Comment

Oh blimey, that doesn't bode well.

They had to offer refunds for any paid content.

I wonder what they're working on now? It doesn't look like anything.
            元気株式会社の公式サイトです。コンシューマゲームソフトやモバイルコンテンツの企画・開発・運営、及びぱちんこ・パチスロの機種開発全般を行っています。製品情報や開発実績、採用情報はこちらから。
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 27-06-2018, 15:42.

Comment

If they made a new one they'd probably do okay making it for Switch (with easy ports to other systems or PC if it works). There's a gap in that systems market and the hardware doesn't demand cutting edge visuals

Comment

I played for a few more hours last night and I'm still really enjoying it.
                I've unlocked a load more competitors and routes and I really enjoyed taking the highway to Odaiba as I started recognising landmarks like their ferris wheel and the Fuji TV building.

I've got the point and I could play some more, but I've got loads of other stuff to crack on with.

Just...one...more...race...

Comment

I saw this bad boy today. It's lovely!

Comment

Working...
                  X